Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm getting frusterated on here.* This site is supposed to help and right now it's really not.* I just need a little break.* If you wanna chat please do:

yahoo (im and email) [email protected]

msn [email protected]

aim **

Edit://

I didn't want to post anything offensive or upsetting.* Yes, in a way this site can exaggerate my emet.* A lot of topics are things like "I'm n* please help" which is fine.* However, hearing about sickness and vomit so often sometimes can*make me dwell on it.* I'm very grateful that I found this site.* It has helped me quite a lot talking to people who understand my struggles.* I think I need to just back off a little and try to enjoy life to the best of my abilities.* Being silly and messing around on a certain site latley made me realise that when I'm not thinking about emet then I'm not thinking about emet. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]* I hope this had made sense.* I don't mean to offend anyone or deter anyone from getting ahold of me.* Edited by: new.slang
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

just a quick question- maybe you could help by explaining what would help you on this site. what is it that you would like to gain from this site and what is it that isn't helping you. i only ask because i want to make sure that i am not personally contributing to anyone not getting help from this site, or aiding to anyone's problems and also because i want to know how i can help others on here.

my yahoo messenger is bborocz. add me if you want. and good luck. but i hope you are able to answer the questions to shed some light on why so many people need to leave here when it should be a community focused on support and not freaking people out.

thanks.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Yeah, clarification?

Like, is it the people who aren't helping, are we doing something wrong? Or is the site heightening your emet or something? If it's the people, then why do you feel that we aren't helping?

Sorry to see you go...hopefully you'll be back soon!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thanks for pointing that out guys. I edited it. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

new slang, I feel it's escalated for me ,too, so I haven't been on the boards that much myself...
    -Bridgette

Gutted, even though I've never spoken to you. You seem pretty groovy tbh. =]

Come back before too long?

Tra xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Itsintersting what youve said as I found when I first joinedthe more I visited the site the more panicked I got, so I had several long breaks.

But now I feel I can visit whenever I want and there will always be someone to respond or advise me, and itsalso nice to see how people are getting on and share experiences.

I hope things get better for you.

Laney xxx

Quote Originally Posted by new.slang

I'm getting frusterated on here. This site is supposed to help and right now it's really not. I just need a little break. If you wanna chat please do:

yahoo (im and email) [email protected]

msn [email protected]

aim namelesspride09

Edit://

I didn't want to post anything offensive or upsetting. Yes, in a way this site can exaggerate my emet. A lot of topics are things like "I'm n* please help" which is fine. However, hearing about sickness and vomit so often sometimes canmake me dwell on it. I'm very grateful that I found this site. It has helped me quite a lot talking to people who understand my struggles. I think I need to just back off a little and try to enjoy life to the best of my abilities. Being silly and messing around on a certain site latley made me realise that when I'm not thinking about emet then I'm not thinking about emet. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I hope this had made sense. I don't mean to offend anyone or deter anyone from getting ahold of me.

Well damnit.

Ok...I will IM you

Well I take breaks too.

My personal opinion is that this time of year is bad for us. We tend to post what is going on and what is scaring us to help ease our anxieties. Sv* are circulating and we hear about them a lotright now. Then you have the articles about it and it just escalates our fears.

I used to freak out about it but I am using this to face my phobia and fears to help in hopefully beating this. I hate hearing about things going around but I feel its a little beneficial for me so I can become stronger. Yes I get a little nevous when I hear about things but I am MUCH better than I used to be, like when I first joined this site.

You could always try to turn it into a positive experience and try to let the things that scare you help you be stronger. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hope you change your mind and come back soon![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: madisonsmom

I am really bothered by this because you are the coolest chick in the world.

Don't go...Don't make me beg.

I understand your reasoning in this...like Shiva stated though...if there is anything that we can do to help, let us know. When I first came here I felt so much relief to know that I wasn't the only person experiencing this fear...as time went on I started focusing too much on the fear and got worse with it for a while...I have been on here about a year now. I still have my moments where the fear seems overwhelming, but overall this site has helped me to face my fear in a positive (not avoidance) way. I can say that I do have setbacks, espcially this time of year, but I can now do things that I was never able to do before. Whatever you do, don't give up hope on conquering your fear, no matter how overwhelming and frightening it is....
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!