Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Chicken

I work at a theater and we have an EMT always there because we have such a big building and now there are three of them that on any given night we can have over five thousand people visiting our theater. Anyways the EMT's have made good friends with allof us. Last night I was talking to one and he said something to me that I think everyone should know. He said Don't Eat Chicken and I asked him why not and he said just don't. He told me to think biochemical attack through chicken. He didn't want to tell me much about it, but I heard later that he had four or five calls yesterday where he went out and had to deal with extremely sick people because they ate chicken. He said that they are not releasing this information to the public yet, but eventually they probably will. He said stay away from any form of chicken for at least a month maybe more. He said to pass the word along so I just thought I would let you all know. I don't know if it is just in California or the United States. This ended up being longer than I thought it was going to be oh well.
    Looking in the past only gets you down, but looking into the future can give you wings.

And yet another food I am taking out of my diet...

Thanks for the heads up...Now I am curious what the hell is going on!

What do you mean a biochemical attack on chicken??? Does turkey count???
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know about that......I would think (or hope!) that if there was some kind of poisoning thing going on with chicken we all would know about it, or at the very least they would take it off the shelves and not serve it until it's cleared up. Maybe he was telling the truth and being serious, but it just seems kind of bizarre. Are you sure he wasn't joking around or trying to impress you or something like that? Men sometimes say the strangest things to get your attention!Edited by: christianne

He was telling everyone about it not just me and he would never do something like that. He is there to help people and he looks out for everyone. I know he wasn't trying to impress me because he is a lot older than me and has his own family. One of the other EMT's that works for the same fire force that also works with us said the samething today when I went into work. He said no one knows about it yet because it hasn't been released to the public yet. There was an incident that did get out somewhere in the Midwest I think it was about a restaurant where a bunch of people got sick. I trust him so I am not going to eat it for a while, but that is just me. Just thought I would tell everyone you can do what you want to do.
    Looking in the past only gets you down, but looking into the future can give you wings.

Oh my...what the hell is the world coming to? I had heard not long ago that there were some problems with fresh chicken and either salmonella or e-coli. It wasn't that big of a deal...I stillate it. But now we are being attacked through our food? I just don't get it. Why would someone do this?
    Be Here Now

But did they say anything abotu turkey?????? please i need to know, because i eat it all the time
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am still eating turkey. I refuse to deny myself of the one source of protein I get.

Take that terrorists![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

I think that Turkey is fine don't worry about it. They only said chicken.

Huh, because when you hear hoofbeats, they're probably zebras. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I vote food poisoning.