Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Job

Hey guys, sorry i havn't posted in a while. I've been applying for some jobs recently, and theres one job which is 8.30pm untill 11.30pm so only 4 hours an evening, i've applied for this job, its in a place called willen hospice, which is a
    in-patient cancer home, so im guessing from chemo, people may v*. I really want to go for this job, maybe it will help me overcome my fear?, but i really want to help other people, i always wanted to be a nurse when i was younger, but as i got this fear, it was one of the last jobs i wanted to go in for. Does anyone else here work in a hospital or home? i really don't want to let this fear stand in my way of it.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Ruth!
    That sounds amazing! Do you know what you would be doing for the job? I thought about working in a nursing home, but they needed me to be able to lift 100 pounds, and yea that aint happenin' cause I can barely lift like 50! Anyways it sounds definately like a way to help people. I bet youd make a great nurse.

Hi Ruth,

I've never worked in a hospital or home but I understand the dilemma of not wanting emet to run your life. I firmly believe that if you feel strong enough to put yourself into challenging situations then it can help you overcome your fear! And we will be here for you if you ever want to talk about your experiences from day to day.

You don't have to give up on your dreams. You are a stronger person than you may give yourself credit for.

Steph

Hospice, you say?

I think that when a patient goes to a hospice facility, that they are beyond treatment. Sadly, my husband's grandparents both went to hospice, right before they died. A place like that is meant to treat people whom are about to die, and it's the job of the nurses and/or doctors to make the transition comfortable as possible. The health care providers administer morphine and oxygen, and other drugs, to make the passage from this life as easy as possible.

Morphine does have a tendency to make some people ill. It's only a side-effect, though. Do you know for certain that this place you might work is a hospice-only facility? I'm sure most patients there are protected as possible from illness.

Anyway, I hope the best for your future. This could bea great opportunity. Hospice workers are one of many heroes. God bless you...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.