Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys I initially was just going to post my experience but figured it'd be a good thread for all of us if we post stuff here that we could, or would normally, worry about w/ a determination NOT to worry abotu it and NOT to seek "reassurance." For me anyhow I think it will be good "learning."

So here's what I'm refusing to worry about. Last night I had a little get together for Christmas and one of my friends called saying she was late, almost thought she couldn't make it cuz she spent 45 mins on the toilet. She figured it was something she ate (sugar all day) and at first I was worried but I know what I've learned here, I sat next to her the whole time on the couch and just didn't touch my face or food w/o washing first. She used my bathroom andI haven't cleaned it yet, I just wash my hands good. She didn't really eat only had a piece of candy from the candy dish so I'm not worried she touched anything I ate. AND I got rid of the top candies but I've been munching on the rest of them today. Yes I'm a bit nervous but dammit I'm tired of this phobia ruining everything. I'm glad she came, she was fine while she was here, I'm glad to not have missed out because of emet. So ... I REFUSE to worry about this for the next couple of days. Please remind me of ths if I start worrying lol.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Well, I just learned this weekend that Purell doesn't kill the sv*. So tomorrow at school I refuse to worry about that. I thought I was protected before and was oblivious to the fact that I wasn't protected with Purell, so why start worrying now?

Some other things I wish I didn't worry about and maybe I should try:

1. Eating a salad at a restaurant
    2. Getting a drink with ice at a restaurant
    3. Not using Purell after shaking someone's hand at a restaurant (oops, it doesn't work anyway, I forgot! ha!)

I make this vow: the next time I go to a restaurant I'll either eat a salad or get a drink with ice.

Awesome! Why no ice in drinks? I HAVE to have ice even if it's already cold, lol it's psychological lol.
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I really like this thread!! What a great idea.....

Well, tomorrow is my son's holiday party at school and I've offered to help out (yikes!) and have lunch with him, so I REFUSE to worry about anything and WILL have alot of fun! Before now I've never been one to help out much at his school or field trips and so forth for obvious reasons, but he asked me to and I really want to do it for him. So, tomorrow I will not worry about sv* or germ-ridden children or anything like that. Instead I will make gingerbread houses, paint pictures, and have pizza with my son and the other kids---I will have a blast! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I refuse to worry about:
    <UL>
    <LI>my 2.5 year old (Madison) daughter being over my MIL's where a bunch of other kids are...[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img](I needed a BREAK)</LI>
    <LI>going shopping in this Christmas rush at the mall</LI>
    <LI>my husband being around the sick lady at work!</LI>[/list]

I am sure I will think of more.

I refuse to worry about non-uniform days. =] x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Okay, I'll confess. I have this irrational fear that ice in ice machines is dirty. I'll get over it . . . really, I will . . .

Oh, I love eating my own ice at home, though, yes.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Sarah, I have to say, I love your "meaning of life." I want to write that on a poster and hang it in my classroom next semester when we study poetry. The students would love it! Did you write that?

Steph

AWESOME! I love this!

I refuse to worry about the fact that my daughter is going away to stay the night with her dad and his wife tomorrow. They are staying in a motel- no big deal... I am sure they will eat out somewhere along the line- not worried... And she will be at a science center with tons of other kids- oh well. I am not going to worry about any of this. I am going to go to work, go to yoga, get a good nights rest and just be grateful that my daughter is out having a good time.

(wow... that feels good)
    \"This too shall pass\"

domino.. i know what you mean about the ice!! what if the water is dirty?! so, i too will have my drink with ice and refuse to worry about it when i go to work tomorrow (at a restaurant). i really like this thread, its very encouraging!!

i refuse to worry about me vomiting and getting sick when such an enjoyable holiday is right around the corner.

I refuse to keep myself holed up in my apartment all winter. Even though it's scary being around people who may (or may not) be harbouring sv* germs, it's even scarier being lonely all the time.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Good idea...

I refuse to worry anymore about the fact that I ate at a restaurant
    last night, ate a salad, drank a glass of wine, and ate more than I
    normally do. I then went to the movies, but had to leave because
    of d*. I got home and stressed a bit, but this morning, I am
    trying hard to refuse to worry that I still worrying since I have gone
    to the bathroom a few more times. I am trying to rationally think
    about the facts...don't usually eat salad and that could tear up my
    insides...don't usually drink wine and since it was done fast, it
    probably went through me quickly. I also refuse to worry about
    how dumb I looked leaving my sil and best friend at the movie and
    wimping out and leaving.

Julie

Aww, you guys are awesome and think of some great things not to worry about!

Hmm I never thought of ice like that, screw it tho I LOVE ice in my drinks lol.

Today I'm refusing to worry abotu all the sugar I've been eating lately &amp;refuse to worry about men issues (UGH like those ever go away lol)!
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by domino2006
    Sarah, I have to say, I love your "meaning of life." I want to write that on a poster and hang it in my classroom next semester when we study poetry. The students would love it! Did you write that?

Steph

Haha it's mint innit =D But nah I didn't write it, I stole it from somewhere I think. =] xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I dont have ice in my drinks unless ive made it.

I have read many articles that have stated that when tested most icein bars and restaurants is contaminated. Either by being put into the glass by dirty hands or by the ice machine not being cleaned properly.

I dont have notes of where the articles where or I would refer you to them.

Laney xxx

Quote Originally Posted by laneyb

I dont have ice in my drinks unless ive made it.

I have read many articles that have stated that when tested most icein bars and restaurants is contaminated. Either by being put into the glass by dirty hands or by the ice machine not being cleaned properly.

I dont have notes of where the articles where or I would refer you to them.

Laney xxx

Agreed.

Ice...I never do public ice.

Amen Cardinalgirl!! I refuse to worry when I have my parents in town visiting and enjoy the holiday. I refuse to worry daily about all of the sick children that come in and out of our office. I refuse to worry about my stomach even though it has been upset all day. Ok, ready? here comes the big one!!! I REFUSE TO WORRY ABOUT VOMIT UNTIL I ACTUALLY DO IT!!!! (If I can do that I will be cured!!!)
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

well, i drank my iced tea with ice today at work and i'm fine (knock on wood), but i never want to do it again lol just wanted to prove to myself that i could do it and be fine =)

HEY GOOD JOB PRINCESS! That's awesome! You're all awesome!

Benjamin Franklin

Well, I didn't chicken out about the ice but I didn't have time to get any (today was my last day teaching for the semester!) SO, I compromised and ate some cookies sitting out in the staff lounge. I NEVER do this normally. I ended up having a nice chat with another teacher and you know, those cookies were pretty good.

Ice . . . tomorrow. I promise. I'm proud of you, Princess.

I refuse to worry about both my daughter and I getting our flu shots this friday even though last year when she got hers (totally not correlated events I am sure of it) she ended up vomiting that night. I'm just going to go in, get my shot and be happy that I will hopefully not end up with influenza this year. (although at this point the vacation from work would almost be worth it! lol!)
    \"This too shall pass\"

I went out to dinner tonight and got ice in my drink. My brother was there and I told him about my phobia and he laughed at me, but at least it was a good-natured laugh.

Just to let you know I didn't chicken out. I did it. It was harder to talk myself into than I thought it would be. I mean, once you start doing stuff that might be unsanitary, where do you draw the line?

this is a good thread guys - i think about all the times ive worried and ruined my day and then nothing hpnd. what a waste.

i always get ice too! and when i was in America a few mths ago, i noticed that you guys leave the end of the wrappe on the straws! I thought that was so cool - they dont do that here and wheneve ri have a straw in a bar i always think, hmm whos touched it. great.

Anyway, i REFUSE to worry about all the xmas food this holida - i just wanna stuff my face with all the delicious food and im sooo worried tho abt it making me ill [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Im just gonna try real hard to not stress after i have eaten a meal!

Ems x

I refuse to worry about going over to visit my aunt and uncle Christmas after dinner (I hate going anywhere after a big meal) and I refuse to worry about one of my best friends new years eve party that will have drinking there, I'm going dammit! lol

More congrats on the ice guys! Domino the cookies to me is freakin brave man! lol Good job all of you!
    Benjamin Franklin

Ok I refuse to worry about my stomach even though it's been really weird today and I definately refuse to worry about anyone getting sick at christmas and it being "ruined"
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

crap.. i've lost it. i can't.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Aww, Shiva! You can do it! I wish I was at home where I could IM with you or go in the chat room...I can't from work. Why don't you take just ONE thing from your list of worries and refuse to worry about it? Just one! I know you can do it!

Mine is that I refuse to worry about traveling tonight, late at night, possibly in the snow, to stay with relatives for Christmas. Lots of kids and people in one house...yikes! I refuse to worry!!!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Hehe hey Mary at least it will hopefully be warmer this time lol.

Shiva, I'm gonna pm you my yahoo screenname, im me if you wanna!
    Benjamin Franklin

Yep, it should be warmer, but they are predicting a snowstorm tonight and we are driving late at night, since Mike works till 9:15. Ugh.I hope we havea safe journey!!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."