Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Getting Better

Hi everyone It's been sooooo long since I've been here. Coming here started to make it worse for me so I stopped. I found myself obsessing with coming to the site and seeing if there were posts about sv's going around, etc. and it wasn't healthy.

I am getting much better. I still have a horrible fear of v* and "refuse" to let it happen to me, but I'm not letting my fear get in the way of my life. Last month noro went all through the nursing home where I work--it was awful. But I didn't get it. It's still going around here, on the news and stuff, but I'm doing ok. My husband had it Sunday (is fine now, never v* just d* and achy and tired) and normally this would be the MOST stressful situation for me--someone getting it just before Christmas and being worried the rest of us will get it just in time for the holiday. But I ate breakfast this morning, I'm doing stuff around the house (normally I would not be eating and I'd be wasting time patroling the house with disinfectant).

I am fortunate in that I am not afraid of v* per se, I'm afraid of v-ing. So if my kids get it I won't really have a problem with the v*. I haven't v* in 25 years and I have caught the dreaded sv several times since then (only d*). So the way I've worked it out in my mind is that I've wasted enough time worrying about it, I'm going to catch it at some point, and if I do I'll just take my phenergan and use my willpower like I always do.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all find peace this season
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

It sounds like you are doing absolutely wonderful!! Especially with the dreaded norovirus going around your work---you're handling it amazingly well!!

I agree that for some coming on here every day reading posts about sv* can be alarming and it's healthy to take a little break every now and again. For some reason those posts don't bother me that much anymore--hopefully that means I'm getting a bit better LOL!

But it sounds like you've made some really good progress! Keep it up and stay strong! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]