Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, yesterday I had to go to my doctor for my annual---I'm sure all the ladies know how much fun that is! Anyways, my doctor's office is in a huge medical building with many other physicians, and he shares his with Family Practice and Internal Medicine doctors. The last time I went a few months ago I absolutely panicked from the moment I got in there to the minute I got outside. I even freaked out in the elevator and had to take the stairs. The waiting room wasn't even full but I still worried about ill people and germs and so forth.

Well, this time the waiting room was FULL. Packed with pale, coughing patients and there were tons of screaming children running around. Usually a situation that throws me into full panic mode. But for some reason I did not panic! I didn't even worry about anything---I actually felt amazingly calm and wonderful! I just there reading one of their magazines (which I usually never go near) and waited for my turn. It felt amazing!!

I know it's not really a big thing, but it just feels so great to not worry for once. Thanks for listening everyone---I just had to share this with you all!

good for you!!! I am glad you were able to be calm in that situation!!!

Hey Rebecca....

Thanks so much for responding! I really appreciate it! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I know it's probably not a big deal to some but it really is for me, and I feel less anxious today than I have in months. Finally!!

Thanks again!!

Congrats! That is a huge step...whenever you get down, remind yourself of this achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by nicki77
    Congrats! That is a huge step...whenever you get down, remind yourself of this achievement.
    Hey....thank you so much!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] It was a total turnaround for me!!

Hey! That is totally awesome! I woulda run outta there screaming!!!! GOOD FOR YOU! *Applaudes*
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

That is a BIG accomplishment! Way to go! You should be really proud of yourself for the step that you took and staying calm.

p.s. sorry about the annual (yuk!!ouch!!)
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Wow---MUCH braver than I would have been! Just the fact that you felt great about it is a major triumph!!! Good for you! Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Oh, thank you all so much!!! You are all so amazing!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

That's great Christianne!

Hey, do you ever feel panicked about the eye doctor? The last time I got my eyes dialated I felt like I would v* and I've been terrified of it ever since. I suffer not being able to see rather than get a new prescription. Terrible, I know. What do you think the secret to your calmness was?

Steph

Quote Originally Posted by domino2006
    That's great Christianne!

Hey, do you ever feel panicked about the eye doctor? The last time I got my eyes dialated I felt like I would v* and I've been terrified of it ever since. I suffer not being able to see rather than get a new prescription. Terrible, I know. What do you think the secret to your calmness was?

Steph
    Hey Steph!!

I used to get panicky at the eye doctor---I think it was because of the small room and the Dr. right in my face. Drives me crazy!!! I also had my eyes dilated a long time ago, and haven't since. I hated it....ugh! Now I just refuse it because you don't have to get it done every year and I'm too cheap!!

I wish I knew why I was so calm yesterday, but I really don't know how I pulled it off. I freaked out last time I went, but this time I didn't even think about it. I hate those lovely "female" exams, so maybe I was worrying about that instead?? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

"I hate those lovely "female" exams, so maybe I was worrying about that instead??"

I hear you! Doctors. Sheesh.

You know what else? I went to a GI doctor for my stomach problems last October and I actually broke down and started crying in his office. He prescribed Elevil (spelling?) (which I never took) because he thought I was depressed. I broke down and cried! I was so terrified to even TALK to him about my stomach problems. Why is it so terrifying? I'm only just starting to understand. But it IS good to know we're not alone.

Thanks so much!
    Steph