Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This is extremly offtopic but im concerned and need some advice.

My boyfriend of 2 years ( who by the way is EXTREMLY stubborn) had a sort of mild accident today.

He thought it would be funny to get on the other side of my jeep and scare me or soemthing of the sorts. i have a jeep and he was standing on the rail. I didnt see him ( he was surprising me) and i took off. of course, he did as well. He fell with force and hit the asphalt with his head. Not only was it terrifying to watch, but i feel extremly guilty. ( althought what an idiot for doing that)

heres the deal- he got up and sorta was real quite and said his head pounded. i looked and sure enough there was this HUGE knot and it didnt break skin but it had the blood spots all on it. he complained of a headache the rest of the night , took a tylenol, icepack ect. and went to bed. Feeling as i could do nothing else for his stubborn ass, i went home ( we dont live together). I called, he assured he is ok and is now asleep.

So here i am, at home. worried. he is extremly stubborn and wont admit if it feels too bad so i dont know if i should be concerned about a bloodclot or anything....

should I?
    Danielle =)

Oh my goodness........how awful!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] Sounds like he had quite a fall!

Well, I always think that when it comes to things like hitting your head and so forth it's always best to get checked out by a doctor, especially since he hit his head on asphalt. I don't know too much about blood clots, but he may have a concussion or something like that and he should really be seen as soon as possible. I really don't want to scare you or anything, but head injuries can be serious---my stepfather fell off the back of a pickup truck 9 years ago and ended up in the hospital for 2 months with a closed head injury. Okay.....so that's the absolute worst case scenario!! Still, stubborn or not he should be seen soon, especially if he starts v*ing or is in alot of pain. It's always better to be safe than sorry!

By the way, don't feel guilty about it---it really wasn't your fault!!! Hang in there!

I am a neurology nurse and I think that you should worry! he may have a concusion and internal bleeding you never know. I would rather be safe than sorry. definately if he is very sleepy and starts to v* I would take him right away. sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear but dont feel gulity youdidnt know

so should i wake him up
    Danielle =)

yea I would and see how he feels. see how he head feels is the knot soft or hard?

the problem is, we live about 45 mins apart, he lives with a roomate of his who is a nurse ( but of course is not home). OF COURSE i dont mind waking him up but he seems to be sleeping fine....
    Danielle =)

and thanks for the help.

i wanted the truth not some half assed answer.. thats why i posted it here

Danielle =)

well I would just give him a call. how long ago did it happen?

about 9 oclock

...i have called and it doesnt answer. BUT he normally sleeps with his phone on silent ( lot of business calls in the night). Thats the problem...
    Danielle =)

oh well! Just see how he feels in the morning but I would be a little concerned. I am at work right know and granted I work with kids but a head injury is about the same across the border. I asked one of the othre nurses here and she also said she would be a little worried. I am not sure though everything is probably fine

thanks for the help. i think im gonna go over and check just in case. i feel like i need too...

BTW im in the process of getting my BSN...how are you dealing with working as a nurse in regard to this phobia...
    Danielle =)

well.... I did great through nursing school because I did not have a pt that V* and I worked in NICU throughout school but I am currently working at the childrens hospital on a neuro floor and have had major exposure therapy. I am fine with others now just not me. I have had 3 sv* since I became a nurse in 2004 but..... I got through it so... It is a very rewarding career and I love it I would not trade it for anything. I never thought I would work with kids I mean ewww lol but I love them to death even the sick ones. good luck in school