Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have been thinking about why this phobia pisses me off so much and I think it is because of the guilt I feel when someone I care about is sick and I can't be there for them. There isa part of me that just wants to let someone v* right on me so I can clean it up and tell that person it is okay, it is not their fault. Instead I run away when a loved one is ill and make them feel guilty about being sick which in turn makes me feel guilty about them feeling guilty. I don't know if this makes any sense, but I had to get it off my chest. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Edited by: sweetfreak
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

You shouldn't feel guilty at all. Emetophobia is an evil evil evil thing and is not your fault, i'm sure if you had a choice you wouldn't choose to have it would you? So don't feel guilty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, if I had a choice I wouldn't be an emet. But part of me thinks I have a choice. That if I just stayed put when someone near me was sick I could live through the anxiety and see that nothing bad will happen to me. That is the logical side of my brain. But the emet side takes over when someone near me is sick, and tells me to run like hell. I just wish I could force myself not to do that, but I can't. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]you must be such a self-less person if its the guilt that pisses you off so much

for me, its the fact that my life has been halted because of this thing, i cant go out anymore!! see, im more of the selfish type. lol. then again, iv never really had the chance to look after neone wen they were sick anyway...

Jen xxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

I agree with the guilt thing! I feel bad that my husband feels bad whenever he is sick. He already feels bad enough physically, he shouldn't have to worry about me as well. But...he is great and usually explains to me why he thinks he happened to be sick, and why I probably won't get it. For example, the last time hev*edwas just from dehydration and altitude sickness. He was right, I didn't getsick - and his explanation helped me sleep through the rest of the night.
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

I feel guilty too but for me its since my children were born, I feel like I fail as their Mother because I cannot look after them when they are sick. They are too young to realise now but as they get older they will wonder why their Mummy runs out when they need her the most. It really kills me!!!! I can handle the phobia myself and my partner is wonderful as he always looks after the kids but I am so scared to be on my own at night in case they are ill that it puts pressure on him as he has to work away sometimes and I sob my heart out and then he feels bad but its his job. God I am wittering.....

How old are your young ones? They may not wonder when they get older if that has always been the case and when they are older you might be able to explain to them a little about what you feel.

I thought I would never be able to be a mother but with the little baby spit ups I hhave been able to take some baby steps to when mine will be older.

Don't feel guilty though if you can. I have and still do but I try and tell myself there is nothing to feel guilty about.

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I know what you mean. I hate the guilt part. its an awful feeling cause we feel like we are abandoning someone we love when they need us.

I honestly think someday that I will be over this when i have kids. I'm not going to have much of a choice. lol.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh