Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay as many of you know I posted last night when I felt nauseous and all that crap. Well I don't feel much better today, I'm just sipping ginger ale hoping it'll go away. Well I'm supposed to go to my parents' house tonight but my sisters are home and one of them is sick with a fever. The one who has the fever tends to barf anytime she gets sick, no matter what she has (She threw up even with the chicken pox when she was younger, I remember) I'm thinking that I might have a minor stomach virus or barring that minor food poisoning. I just feel like my immune system is comprimized, and I don't want to get what she has and I don't know if I should go with the possibility in the air of her throwing up. But I want to see my other sister, we were going to watch movies together....GRR! What's the possibility of me catching what my sister has?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I think as long as you wash your hands a lot and not get too close to her and stuff, you should be fine. Can you and your other sister hang out separately away from the house ( maybe watch movies at your place)? That way you can feel safe at home and still spend time with her.
    -Bridgette

I don't know if you remember my post from a few weeks ago...Well I went to my friends house and her son was there and he was very sick...He had a high fever and v* and d*...I was in the same room as he was...I didn't touch him and washed my hands properly(overboard as Emets do)...

I didn't catch a thing.

Go enjoy your evening and don't worry because you will be fine.

As long as you use the proper precautions I think you should be fine. Just remember to wash you hands good and everything. Also double check with you sister and make sure she's feeling up to it, if not reschedule.

I will echo the wash your hands comment, as long as you're careful and keep your distance you should be fine.

(P.S Don't hate me but I v*ed when I had chicken pox! I was like 5 and I had a fever so it just happened. Bad me! :P)