Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: i have it =(

sv? yeah got it.

d* and cramps all day. just feel icky.

i know this may have been answered before, but if i take a phenagren, will that prolong the sv even longer. anotherwords, will it help if i actually do v* and just let the virus do its thing or should i go ahead and take the phenagren. i DO NOT want this to be my first time to V* and i will not let it happen until i no longer can but im so scared...
    Danielle =)

oh god, not you,too! i didn't have d* with mine ( I felt I would butnothing happened)but HORRIBLE n* and cramps for hours. this is day 2 and I still feel terrible. I don't know how i got it. I thought I was being careful when I went out but it might have caught me. . I read some posts before that even if you take an anti-emetic, you are not prolonging the sickness. It will get out of you through the bottom end. V* doesn't mean you are clearing it out faster, so if you want to take the phenagran, you should. I think Johnlp would know about this topic. Hope he can help you more!
    -Bridgette

I don't know about the phenagren, I don't have any experience with it but I would tell you to try not to be scared. Believe me I know it's so, somuch easier said than done but think about it this way - you can never totally control your body when you're ill, but you can control your attitude towards this. It's horrible to feel ill but just try to think about other things, get out a hot water bottle or a pet and put a DVD on, call somebody, diversion is your friend here.

Good luck, I'm thinking of you.

I think it would be fine if you're n* to take it. One time when my daughter was ill, her Dr. said it stops the n* cycle in the brain(something to that effect).
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Danielle and Bridgette, I hope you both feel better soon! I don't think taking phenergan will prolong the virus, just make you more comfortable.

yes-take the phenergan. It will help calm your nerves and relieve the n* a bit. Hang in there...it will be over soon!

i feel so drugged....haha

but better.

thanks for the concerns.
    Danielle =)

Yes, its totally fine to take phenergan...

Take it and feel better!

Hang in there and feel better soon!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]