Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: When you feel ill or are v*ing, do you:

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Need to have someone with you

22 32.35%
  • Need to be alone

46 67.65%

I'm curious about this because I'm never sure myself.

The last few times I've v*ed, circumstances meant that I was alone at the time and I prefer it that way, I hate the idea of anyone seeing me completely vulnerable like that because it's not how I want people to think of me.

Although I can also remember when I was younger, specifically the night of the fp when I was 7, I had a basin with me and I would v*, go clean it up, and then go wake up my parents to give me a hug. (I would love to be that calm about it now). So even though I was totally capable of handling it myself, I still needed that comfort from my family when now, when v*ing is such a trauma for me - I need my family and friends to keep away.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I don't think I want anyone with me while it's happening and I don't want people in the house to make a fuss of it, but I do want someone around to hug me after it happened.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

i voted need to be alone because ireally want andneed my mom but if shes not available i want to be alone.i dont know why its wierd.

that is so wierd. i was so about to post a poll about this.

i def do NOT like to be alone. i feel as i would die and i would need some reasurrence here and there.

but i know some people who need to be left alone... hopefully my future kids will be like that haha...
    Danielle =)

I would be mortified to have anyone with me!

no way. its one of the things that scares me to death, having someone with me. even my five month old niece wont do. even myself wont do... i cant look at myself in the mirror. it'll just trigger the urge more.

Quote Originally Posted by sp0il3dbrat2
    no way. its one of the things that scares me to death, having someone with me. even my five month old niece wont do. even myself wont do... i cant look at myself in the mirror. it'll just trigger the urge more.
    Just curious, what do you think caused that fear in yourself? I am exactly the same. In fact, the actual act of doing it is not as freaky to me as knowing that I did it and someone else might know. Does that make any sense at all? In my case I must have been conditioned that it was something very wrong to do, not just unpleasant. Any thoughts? I feel for you and hope you get some relief being on this site.

No way, definitely alone! I don't want anyone close enough to even hear it!![img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Well I actually need to be alone but someone must be at home too. I mean alone in the bathroom but not alone at home
    You only live once

I have to have someone near me!! The last two times I v*, my dad was at my side rubbing my back while it happened, and now that is what I have to have to let me know I will be ok.

[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]When I feel really n* and/or am v*-leave me alone!! I close the doors, turn off the lights , and just want to be alone in a room witha brown bag. People around me makes me more nervous, which increases my anixety, therefore increasing my n* and the urge to v* [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    -Bridgette

either just my mom with me in the bathroom, or just my dad w/ me in the bathroom, or my friends because they are even more supportive of my fear than my parents are. I honestly believe that if i was v*, having a friend w/ me would help me so much.

Its actually weird, now that i think about it. I sort of just changed my mind. I think i might also want to be alone. i dont know. It sort of depends.Edited by: lianaismadchill

Definately alone!!!! I cannot even speak when I really feel n*- I tell my boyfriend to just leave me alone. I like to just try and relax, watch tv to tkae my mind off of it and drink tiny sips of gingerale.

When I was younger I had to have my mom with me if I was v*. There has only been two times that my mom was not there for me. One becuase I was away at a school lock in, and about 4 years ago because we lived a thousand miles apart.

But now I much rather be left alone to try and relax on my own, I don't need someone to ask me if I feel better/worse.

I have to have someone with me.

I haven't v* for over 12 years but I just know I couldn't bear to be alone. I've had bad n* attacks recently with supportive friends and squeezing their hand to death makes me feel a lot better! (Probably painful for them though lol).

That said, I hate it when people rush to get a bowl or direct me to a toilet. The fact they are suggesting I'm going to be sick makes me feel worse, so ideally I like to sit with someone sympathetic outside in the fresh air.

I need to be alone. It just makes it worse if someone is there and they know I'm sick or see me getting sick, argh! I just need to be alone to deal how I need to deal.

I don't like people watching me! ButI definatelywould like a little reasurrence from mom!!

I HAVE to have someone with me.

I HAVE to be alone when I v* and I can't even stand the thought of somebody hearing me so disguise that too, by flushing the chain or running the tap. If I'm just feeling nauseous I still prefer to be alone.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I'd much rather be alone. For me, v* is something very embarassing..if I don't want to see somebody get sick I certainly don't want anybody seeing me in that condition.