Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

It is now days before xmas...and my son the last 2 nights, has had a fever. Nothing over a 100, and never complained of anything. This morning, he wakes, and gets ready for school, and then tells me that his tummy is hurting. GREAT!! So, I hurry him off to the bathroom. He then has d* 2 times, thinks he is going to puke. I changed him out ofclothes, put some jammies on and put him in the other bathroom. He then v* 1 time. Within 20 mins of his being sick, he was completely fine. Singing, wanting to eat. So, hubby game him some oyster crackers and I went to the dentist. Came home, we were thinking he was completely fine, maybe something he ate. Was at the bank and he v* there in the van...thank god I came prepared!!! Back home we went. So now he is sleeping...didn't have a tummy ache the 2nd time he v*. This is just weird. Last time he was sick was 22 days ago. V* 3 times, and was fine within 6 hours. I am so worried about someone else getting sick for xmas. It always seems to happen on a holiday!! Is it possible both times were a sv*? Why would he catch them so close together. Usually its just once a year for us. KNOCK ON WOOD.

i'm sorry to hear about your son. poor thing, and poor you. sounds like you did a great job handling it though! that is close together, but that has happened to us before - my husband got it twice in a month. yuck.

you probably won't get it though. I just cleaned up a horrific car mess my daughter made a month ago and rode 45 minutes home after, and was okay.

Oh, I am so sorry, but you seem well prepared and are handeling it great! How old is your son? When my sister was younger, I remember that each time she got the sv* she would get it twice. It would hit and then 2 weeks later it would hit again. Maybe because their immune system has weakened when they get the first sv*....I don't know, but I really hope your little guy is feeling better soon!
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

I'm so sorry to hear your son isn't well---poor little guy!! And you are handling everything brilliantly!! Very well done!

When my son was smaller it did seem that some years he caught sv*s within weeks or months of each other. Like Christi said it could definitely be because his immune system was a bit down from the first one and that's why he caught it again. As far as keeping everyone else healthy, what I do is make sure everyone washes frequently and thoroughly, and clean up surfaces with a bleach solution and Lysol. Works very well!

Oh, I hope he feels better soon!! Hang in there!!!

Yes, unfortunately my dtr caught it last year within 2 1/2 weeks of the first episode. The doc said it was most likely a different strain since there are millions (seems like) of them out there.

I hope your son feel better and that no one else gets it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

you know how you said he v*ed and then 20 minutes later he had some oyster crackers? that could have been the reason he v*ed a 2nd time... i read that oftentimes the cause of v*ing repeatedly during in an illness (not even necessarily an sv*) is eating or drinking even the slightest thing too soon... you said it was twice right? maybe it was just something he ate, but his belly wasn't ready for the crackers 20 minutes later??

I think Princess is right....it is supposed to be hours after that you give them food an at least two hours for a sip of water...that happened the last time my bf was sick. he drank water 20 mins after and v* again. it was horriable. so it could have just been from food...has he eaten anything strange?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey everyone...ok, my son is 6 years old. The first time he v*, it was 925am, then at 11, he was soooo hungry so hegot some oyster crackers and then he v* 3.5 hours later. We have never gotten a sv* this close together. No one got sick last time, KNOCK ON WOOD.

Here's the weird part...I am actually getting kinda worried. He last v* at 1pm on 12/21. It is now 12/22, and he just v* again, at 640am. 17 hours later!!!! Just clear liquid too. Has that ever happened to anyone? And of on top of that...his tummy doesn't hurt AT ALL. He has been getting night sweats too...(I posted a topic about this too) and with the night sweats I read on the internet that it could be caused from cancer...a lot of the other symptoms were v* too. Of course, my mind is totally wandering right now.

Help....I hope someone has advice...guess what though!! He made it everytime!!!

His night sweats could just be from his illness or his fever. I know sometimes when I have a cold I have those too. My mind wanders like that sometimes when my kids are not feeling well. I start reading things on the internet and get all worked up. Don't worry everything will be ok. Does he have a sore throat? He could have strep. My son went through the v* every once in awhile for a couple of days and it turned out to be strep and he didn't have a sore throat. I hope he is feeling better soon and just hang in there. You are doing a great job!!!!!~Brandi~

Quote Originally Posted by calibmom24
    His night sweats could just be from his illness or his fever. I know sometimes when I have a cold I have those too. My mind wanders like that sometimes when my kids are not feeling well. I start reading things on the internet and get all worked up. Don't worry everything will be ok. Does he have a sore throat? He could have strep. My son went through the v* every once in awhile for a couple of days and it turned out to be strep and he didn't have a sore throat. I hope he is feeling better soon and just hang in there. You are doing a great job!!!!!~Brandi~

Well his night sweats have been going on for 3 months, it is not since he has been sick. He has no sore throat...so I don't know. Just got home from work, it is 445pm, and he is totally fine. No tummy ache, no nothing. Been fine all day...just really weird!Edited by: 6pksummer

Maybe he is having bad dreams that are causing it!

Quote Originally Posted by 6pksummer

Quote Originally Posted by calibmom24

Well his night sweats have been going on for 3 months, it is not since he has been sick. He has no sore throat...so I don't know. Just got home from work, it is 445pm, and he is totally fine. No tummy ache, no nothing. Been fine all day...just really weird!

Did he ever have some blood tests done to see what was causing the night sweats?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

No, I haven't taken him in for any tests. I think after xmas I will especially after him being sick 2 times int he last 3 weeks. Tonight for super he has some noodles and 2 rolls. Been fine all night long. Acting fine, everything. So, we will see what the morning brings!!!

Thanks guys for all your support!

it might be just his young age and immature immune system..i dunno, but my son is 6 also, and he's has been so sickly with all kinds of strange viruses...not your typical by the book symptoms...fevers, nausea, throwing up for no reason and then being fine, sore throats, colds, d*, i'm just assuming either he is gonna be the sickly type or he's got a weak immune system...he also feels dizzy a lot gets car sick easy (but no v* from that so far)....i hope your son stays well and nothing is seriously wrong with him (poor baby)...but i'm sure it's nothing...hang in there, you're doing great!
    ~Sheri~

So today, he has had d* 3 times. He ate breakfast and after he ate, he seemed to have gotten very tired. Then, at the bday party we were at, he was totally fine, wrestling with the guys...having a great time. Dropped him off at my mom's house..very tired, not hungry. No tummy ache. I don't think this is a sv* at all...do you guys???