Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Eating out!

I am getting to the point where I am scared to eat out. I had chinese tonight and really love chinese but with all the crap the media puts out its really turned me off.

I did eat it but I kind of wish I didnt...UGH[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by madisonsmom

I am getting to the point where I am scared to eat out. I had chinese tonight and really love chinese but with all the crap the media puts out its really turned me off.

I did eat it but I kind of wish I didnt...UGH[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Ugh, I know! Tomorrow night I will be sooooo busy, and so will hubby. Perfect night for takeout, but no way! That is pretty sad, huh?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I won't eat out either and Ilove to eat out! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i don't think i will do it anymore at all. i just don't know that it's worth the worry.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I think if you order something hot you're better off than something cold, like salad. I hope you guys will change your mind and still eat out when you want to. How many times have you in the past? How many times did you get sick from it? These things have ALWAYS happened the media just runs w/ it more now. Even if you just go to places you trust or go to alot w/ a good track record. I hate to see anyone give in to this fear. Don't get me wrong, I"m not thrilled about eating out right now either but dammit if I want a pizza I'm ordering it or if someone wants to go out to eat I'm going. To me it IS worth the worry cuz after the worry there is proof when you are OK that its all right to do it. SMILE PEOPLE IT"S ALMOST CHRISTMAS! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I feel a little fearful right now too, but you have to think of all the restaurants in the country/world, and how many have we heard of that have had a problem? Like three? I mean that is pretty good really. If you picture all the restaurants as being like, say, a thousand bags of marbles, and like three of those marbles were tainted, that's not too shabby. But having said that, I do avoid iffy places, well iffy in my own mind, like a twenty four hour mexican restaurant. Something about that just doesn't sound...right. Yet 24 hour mcdonalds does, ya its dumb. I had just posted a little bit ago that I don't think I've ever gotten fp, or if I did I didn't know it, and I love going out to eat. Also, trite as it sounds, say a little prayer before you chow down. Helps me....Janna

I'm the same way, Madisonsmom. I know I shouldn't be and I'm going to start working on it. My husband always reminds me that I've eaten out alot during my life and I've been completely fine.

I always eat out , the way i see it is if i am ment to get sick it will happen regardless. i think you should enjoy what you want and not let this stand on your way of yummmy take out. i know it isnt easy but just challenge yourself thats what i do and it works.

It just seems like food is nastier now...kwim?

I used to eat out quite a bit I guess, but I hardly eat out at all anymore!

I dont like eating out any more either...I kinda make excuses...but man I miss pizza Its just scary and I dont get it. PLus I know lots of people in the food buisness so I know the insides and out...scary
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think its the nasty people that make it!! I agree, I rarely eat out, but when I do, I order from the same places, but I still end up worrying no matter what. In fact food poisoning is what scares me the worse. Sv's no problem, food poisoning...forget it I am terrified!

I agree, but from what I've studied in school it has to do with problems in food production...not the restaurants themselves. Afterall, think about the biggest fp out break this year. The e.coli in spinach. That was in bagged spinach, so you could get it just as easily at home as you could at a restaurant.

About the only thing you can kind of protect yourself from by only eating at home, is norwalk because at least you know that if you cooked your food then no one who was sick made or served it. I try to avoid this by eating at places where I can order things which are completely cooked since heat kills norwalk, or eating at places where I see that the preparers wear gloves.

While classes were in session I ate at restaurant almost everyday and didn't get sick, so I think you're safe to go with something like pizza. I've never heard of anyone getting sick from pizza except because they have a sensative stomach and it was too greasy.

Hehe, my brave little input here is about to be tested, going out to dinner tonight LOL. Serves me right dammit lol. ANyhow, I'm gonna go, I've been there before and I always order something hot so ... gonna go add this to my "refuse to worry about it"
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

i've avoided eating out pretty much 90%. its tragic, since i love eating, i love new foods, and i love eating out (used to anyway). nowi get sicksimplyby going to agrocery store T_T
    Dont let the fear control your life. Once you try it, you\'ll know its not as bad as you think.

-T.H.

Tonight I was all ready to have a nice relaxing dinner with my family at our favorite restaurant. On the way there they started talking about all sorts of unsanitary things at restaurants . . . I'll spare you the details but it put me off.

And they get mad because I never eat!