Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: norovirus

are some people just more susceptible than others? it seems that way to me, but i may be wrong

hmm i guess the people who dont take the hygenic measures lol

I think unfortunately we're all susceptible to noroviruses, but I've read that because of genetic differences some people are more likely to come down with it and may have a more severe form of it than others.

But I totally agree with punchbuggy---the chances of getting any type of virus or illness are lowered if you're washing hands frequently and so forth.

Another good thing to remember is this, and I'm pretty sure this is accurate: the main way to catch it is through ingesting it. (I'm thinking ingesting might even be the only way to catch) So if you wash your hands before putting them in your mouth, you probably won't get it. It has been 7 1/2 years since anyone in my family (parents, myself, and brothers included) got a norovirus and before that it had been over twenty years for both of my parents. They are very, very, very, very clean, too.

Just to add: Also, I didn't catch it even when I worked at a school during an outbreak that was so bad it got on the news in Arizona a few years ago. I always, always, always wash my hands. Let people laugh! I don't get sick.

i was just wondering because i know some older adults who've never had an sv*, most of my friends and family rarely have an sv* or any v* at all (knock on wood), but then i know a person here or there who will have an sv* 3 or 4 times a year!!