Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

December 27th will be one year since i v*. It was the worst day of my life! As it gets closer and closer to the date, I start to worry even more than usual. To top it all off, for the past 3 daysI have been in the bathroom consistently. It's not d*, but it is different. I dont know if maybe it's the stress from the holidays and the looming one year anniversary or maybe it's my IBS acting up, whatever it is, it is making me feel so yucky and i have relatives i have to visit tonight.
    My grandmother wasnt feeling well yesterday too. Same type of symptoms, but she had d* and felt like she was going to v*. We both ate potato salad that she made, but i dont think that was it. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on feeling better and coping with n* and the anxiety. thanks

I use ginger tea, peppermints, tylonal, and anti-gas medicine to help me when im feeling n* and icky. DOnt stress as much. Easier said than done. my IBS acts up when Im nervous or stressing out.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try some self-talk. The mind is a very powerful thing. Tell yourself: "What are the odds that I will get sick one year later on the same day? I am okay."

Instead of obsessing about the negative, repeatedly tell yourself that things are normal. This is one strategy that has worked for me.

I also take ginger tea and use ginger capsules. Even as a placebo they work like a charm. Good luck and we'll be pulling for you!

Steph

Maybe you should take a walk or get some exercise. The computer screen isn't exactly medicine lol.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"