Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was wondering if I'm the only wierd one here. Does anyone else do this: Go #2, then wash your hands before pulling your pants up, for fear that there are icky germs on your hands that may be transferred to your shirt and pants?? I do this, and walk from the toilet area all the way to the sink with my pants around my ankles.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

lol thats cute

I don't do this, sorry! I don't feel my own "excretions" are dangerous to me as they've been in me long enough to have caused any damage if they were going to!!!

Er, take it you don't use public loos and adopt this same routine?!!!!Edited by: suze

Quote Originally Posted by suze

I don't do this, sorry! I don't feel my own "excretions" are dangerous to me as they've been in me long enough to have caused any damage if they were going to!!!

Er, take it you don't use public loos and adopt this same routine?!!!!

I don't go near public restrooms[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img].
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yeah, I was going to say that would be amusing if you did that in public.

I don't think you need to do that, so if you wanted to it's a habit you could probably give up without exposing yourself to any danger. Fabric isn't an ideal environment for most germs, and even if some were transferred to your waistband....from a microscopic point of view that's miles away from your mouth or eyes or any place where infection might occur.

I understand if it's a habit you want to keep. I have several I want to keep, but also several I'd like to break so I just figured I'd give you my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by chicajojobe
    Yeah, I was going to say that would be amusing if you did that in public.

I don't think you need to do that, so if you wanted to it's a habit you could probably give up without exposing yourself to any danger. Fabric isn't an ideal environment for most germs, and even if some were transferred to your waistband....from a microscopic point of view that's miles away from your mouth or eyes or any place where infection might occur.

I understand if it's a habit you want to keep. I have several I want to keep, but also several I'd like to break so I just figured I'd give you my opinion

That does make sense, that fabric isn't an ideal environment for germs, and I never even thought of that. I'll hav eto re-think this one[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yes I have done this before...But I don't do it in a public restroom, I useually use toilet paper to pull up my pants

[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] One thing that I do is after I have washed my hands, I use the paper towel to open the door if it has a handle or knob. They should make all bathroom doors open out so u don't have to touch them. SSOOO many people go potty and don't wash their hands. They need some kind of alarm or something. A huge neon sign outside the bathroom that flashes and says "DIDN'T WASH HANDS". Bet they won't do that again![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Yes, I do this too but not in a public restroom.

I don't do this, but your post made me think a bit. It wouldn't help you at all, since if you had virus in your fecal matter, then you've already got the virus anyway so who cares if it's on your clothes if it's already in your body? However, it might make a difference to transmitting the virus to others. lol - I wonder how much fecal matter is on the waistbands of peoples' pants (yetch - a lot, I bet)...and then they wash their hands, but later they touch their pants again and then shake your hand and...welll...you can see how these viruses just get everywhere.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know how anyone can NOT use public toilets. It's not my favourite thing to do or anything but I have IBS so most of the time it's not an option of not using it, plus anytime I I'm in a situation where there are no toilets to use it instantly makes me think I have to pee
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by sage
    I don't do this, but your post made me think a bit. It wouldn't help you at all, since if you had virus in your fecal matter, then you've already got the virus anyway so who cares if it's on your clothes if it's already in your body? However, it might make a difference to transmitting the virus to others. lol - I wonder how much fecal matter is on the waistbands of peoples' pants (yetch - a lot, I bet)...and then they wash their hands, but later they touch their pants again and then shake your hand and...welll...you can see how these viruses just get everywhere.

EXACTLY!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yuck...poopy belts. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Edit:// I'm obviously very mature. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Edited by: new.slang
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

OMG - I have been explaining some of these things to my mother about my obsessive compulsivness about my "rituals" and how I sanatize everything and she said that she never thought of any of that stuff! The only thing she would do it use Wipes after using a shopping cart or a gas pump! She said she never thought about other things like leaving the faucet going and shutting it off with a paper towel a public bathroom.....we need to keep preaching to people about it!! LOL...we should have sanatation rallies or something!!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I think doing this sort of thing is more about being worried about contamination than really getting a virus. So many of these things we do are irrational, but so many of us do them! I do stuff like that all the time.

I never thought of that..lol..Too cute!

OMG I'm surprised more of you DON'T do this! Charlene, I do EXACTLY the same thing. And I stay far away from public restrooms. Always have.

By the way,I do this "ritual" even if I've only gone #1 lol. i mean... from what I haerd urine is pretty sterile, unless you have some sort of infection (such as UTI, yeast infection, etc.) but still...

Thanks guys!! Like Sophia said, I too am surprised that more of us don't do this, with all the rituals we have

See, the thing is, is that I learned ALOT in nursing school, which may have been a bad thing. I know how alot of stuff is spread and there are things that the average person doesn't think of, especially non-emets.
    ~*~Charlene~*~