Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Rough Christmas

What is wrong with my family? I don't know what they are thinking some times. This year we had the whole family over at our house on Christmas Eve, then today we went to my mom's. Dinner on both days drove my emet into high gear. On Christmas Eve there was a few reasons. First, my aunt was mashing the potatoes and I saw her drop a chunk of them out of the mixing bowl onto the floor, scoopr them up and throw them back in. Yuck! That's gross enough normally, but I have two dogs that track who knows what into the house, plus I had 16 people in the house at the time walking around with their shoes on. I never did eat any of the potatoes! Then, the dishwasher was full and running, so my grandma was washing dishes by hand. I noticed, a little too late, that she was using the sponge scrubber in my sink with NO soap! Gross! Not to mention the fact that the sponge was sitting in my sink while I rinsed out the turkey before I put it in the oven. SHe washed a pan that my mom ended up putting carrots in later, so hopefully she didn't contaminate the carrots. Plus, I have no idea what else she may have washed and put away. I feel like washing every singe dish in my kitchen. I didn't sleep well last night, worrying about us all getting food poisoning from one of these incidences.

Then. today, we went to my mom's house. My grandma made scallopped potatoes(my favorite) and they were sitting on top of the oven. They were sitting there for over an hour, maybe almost two hours, cooked of course, but just sitting out. My mom said the ham was going to be at elast another hour and the planned on just letting the potatoes sit out until the ham was done. Who knows how long they sat at my grandma's before she brought them over, so I told my mom they needed to go in the fridge, the oven, somewhere, just not out for that long. I made her move the racks aroung in the oven to fit them in there. She did, and I ate some of them. Hopefully they weren't out too long.

Now I sit and wait for a couple of days to see if me or anyone else gets sick.

You will be fine the stove was probably warm keeping the potatoes warm and bacteria free. all the food you named just made me hungry sounds like you had a great xmas try not to worry

i hear u

dinner was suppose to be at 5pm at my aunts. we we there on time.....everything was ready but the turkey and the ham. so everything sat out for 2 hours before we ate, the dressing with a chikcin in it sat out for 7 hours!!! I told them they were all going to get FP and they said the do that all the time. so i fill my plate and my kids....trying to freaking analyze what would be ok and what coulf be containimated. GAWD!!! btw,,,,,,a crab and shrimp salad sat out for 4 hours!!!!!!!!!

I think you will be totally fine...food can sit out for up to 2 hours, so I think you will be fine. And if they wre still warm when you put them back in, I wouldn't even worry.

Yeah Im totally like that too..like my mom left out the green bean casserale for at least two hours and I dont want any as left overs because it scares me, you know???
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.