Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Saliva in mouth

I have a lot of saliva in my mouth, andI read that this can occur even hours befoer v* occurs. HELP!
    ☮ ♥ emma

I'm really really scared... I don't want to v* and I just really thought I was going to have a good day. Why is there so much saliva in my mouth though??
    ☮ ♥ emma

Hi Emma,

i have never heard of watering mouth hours before ving...My mouth waters alot of th etime too, and it freaks me out, but I try and remember that th emouth is supposed to water. Th elast time I had my mouth water due to dry heaving *knock on wood* Was very different from just regualr or even excessive mouth watering. It was more of a feeling f wanting to spit and expel whatever was in my mouth, it was very different, in hearing this I can see alot of people thinking, am I feeling that way, like I need to spit. It i svery different. Anyways I am going on and on now. I would say not to worry on an over watery mouth

I don't think you should be worried unless you actually feel sick and it waters because mouths water all the time...if its dry, if your hungry, if you smell something good and your body craves it. Try not to let it get the best of you. Are you okay?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know... I thought I was okay, but now my stomach feels weird. I just hate this so much. I don't want to be sick. And my mom isn't home so I am all alone. I don't know what to do.. I can't stop crying. I am so scared. I hate this so much. I just wish that one of you could just come over to my house or something.. I mean I know that you can't but this sucks. I hate being scared.
    ☮ ♥ emma

it is true that your mouth sometimes waters when your n*before you v*, but it doesnt always happen.You didnt say you felt n*, so I dont think your going to v*.

I know that.. but now my stomach and back both hurt bad! I am so scared.. I don't want to v* and I just want to fall asleep but I am way too nervous. I could feel n* if I thought about it, I just don't want to be sick. I am so scared.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Just try to relax. Your not going to v*. Think of it this way: SEriously, how many times do us Emets really v* & how many times do we think we will but never do. I've v* maybe 5 times in my life, and I've thought I would v* thousands of times but never did because its in my head that im n*. Just try to stay calm.

I can't relax. I swear I have tried.. but I haven't eaten anything for 5 hours, so shouldn't I be hungry? I just want to die.. I hate this so much. Why do I have to feel so crappy. I don't know what to do. I can't walk around, and I can't lay down. I would leave the house or something but my little sister is home with a bad cold so I can't leave her. I am so scared.. I just want to die. That sounds horrible I know.
    ☮ ♥ emma

You dnt want to die. Trust me. I've said that before when I feel like I cant deal with emetophobia anymore. You will get through this, i promise! Maybe you should try to eat something. Even if you feel youre not hungry, it helps sometimes. I know it doesnt soudn liek it will but it does. Also, something that always helps me when I get that scared, is to call one of my friends. They all know about my phobia, so they calm me down. Try calling one of your friends, even if they dont know about your phobia & you dont want to tell them whats wrong, talking about anything to one of your friends will take your mind off of this.

I would call my friend but I am crying so hard I can't hardly breathe. I did text message her though. I really don't want to v* and I am so scared. I'm scared that I said I want to die. I never say that. I need someone to come over but I look awful and I haven't even gotten dressed yet. I hate this and I just want to be myself again. I miss having tons of friends and going shopping. I was supposed to go out tonight with my mom and have dinner and go shopping. I dont want to v* and I hate my life.
    ☮ ♥ emma

the extra saliva in your mouth is normal!! you're probably starting to feel sick now just because you're thinking about it, i do that to myself all the time. can you go for a walk or take a hot bath? if you want to talk, pm me!!

Hypersalivation can occur for many reason including alergy responce. Yes, it is one of the pre v* events that occurs prior to v* but usually when it's accompanied by n* and usually it's whithin minutes as opposed to hours.

I hope you feel better soon and keep in mind that fear and anxiety provoke the bodies immune responce system and can mimic all the symptoms of sv*, fp* or other GI distress so try and relax and if it helps, take a dose of Dramamine or Benadryl (as per lable instructions).

actually reading about it and thinking about it is making me hypersalivate too... oh how i love being an emet.

I dont have any of that medicine because I literally just started feeling like this. The last time I v* was 2 months ago so I've only had emets that long. I'm so scared and I really dont want to v*. I just hate this so much. I know you guys have lived with these problems for a while, but I dont know how to deal with them yet so I am a wreck. I cant tell if I feel sick or what. But my stomach definitely hurts, as does my back. My life sucks right now, and I cant even talk to anyone. I mean,talking on heredoesnt exactly help as much as one of you in person. I dont want to v*. I don't know what to do.
    ☮ ♥ emma

YOu need to breathe!! I think you are hving a panic attack, not real nausea. Slow down, and take some long deep breaths. You are gonna be fine!! Have you eaten anything today?? Maybe go outside and get some fresh air. How about some peppermints? But trya nd calm down!!

I'm trying I swear! It's really cold outside, otherwise I would go outside. I am a little calmer, but my back and stomach still hurt. I just really dont want to v*. I hate feeling like this so much.
    ☮ ♥ emma

You are probably not sick. Watering mouth is not the first stage. what SOMETIMES happens is that people will feel sick and when they are about to vomit their mouth will water a little and then they will vomit, it doesn't happen that your mouth waters and then you feel sick. That's just not how it works. The mouth watering is to do with the act of vomiting, so in short if you were going to be sick it would have happened.

You feel sick because you are anxious. I would bet money on that, you got yourself anxious and worked up and that resulted in a sore stomach and feeling sick because you were scared and though that way. I promise once you start relaxing and breathing it will go away. Plus you've been crying and that always makes you feel a bit blah.

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Well, I just ate an apple and I usually cant finish the whole thing, and I ate the whole thing in about 5 minutes. So I think i was famished. But, my back and stomach hurt again. I dont know whats wrong, and Im really afraid that I am going to v*. I havent been around any sick people, and I havent eaten anything that could make me feel sick. It might be my period, but usually I hurt down really low in my stomach when I get cramps, not up high. Im just afraid I am going to v*. I just feel sick and I dont want to get sick. Im scared.
    ☮ ♥ emma

You feel sick because you are scared, I'm so sure of that. You need to try and stop thinking about it anyway that you can. If you can eat an apple then you will not be sick. Trust me if you were ill you would not have got past bite one of that apple.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Ok, so I ate an apple, and now my stomach and back hurt really bad again. I really dont want to v* and Im so scared. Why do I feel like this? I hate this. I want to die, and i know that sounds bad, but it's how I feel right now. I dont want to v*. I am really scared, more scared than I ever have been. I really hurt bad...
    ☮ ♥ emma

I don't doubt that but it is purely because you are so anxious you have got yourself into knots. I promise you this much, you cannot eat even past a bite if you are about to vomit,. it doesn't work that way. Can you go for a walk? Listen to loud music, punch a pillow, anything to get out that fear because you are not sick you are anxious.

emma, i feel the exact same way you do right now. im n* and dizzy and crying and freaking out because i dont wanna v*. i would sooner die then v* and everyone around has contracted a sv and is v* like 7 times a day and im so scared [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]