Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Oh God, HELP

Worst christmas ever. First my neice nephew sister and brother and law all had rotavirus. Only my niece v. A couple of days later my boyfriends mom had d all night while we were over for a couple days. Early this morning at 4am my boyfriend woke me up and said he had to v, and he was sorry, and didnt want me to worry too much. He thought he had indigestion and was only going to v once. He came back to bed and was realy cold so I snuggled with him to keep him warm despite my fear of gettting him sick. He v' a couple times in the morning again, and recently held down broth, and had bad d. He hasnt taken his temperature. I called my mom for support, she and my brother have bad fever, chills, n, and aches, so they have it too. I keep feeling realy scared one moment, then I think if I get it it wont be bad, that I can be strong and v like any other normal person. I try to tell myself that its a normal body reflex and its natural, but all of us emets know thats a bunch of BS. How could our creator make us do such an awful thing, couldnt it just always come out the other end. I want to die now. I hate this up and down, and waiting for impending doom. I just went to the urgent care a few hours ago to see ifI could get an antiemetic just incase I get sick, and as I was in the waiting room, a women ran in and v. SO I left and have been shaking ever since. I am sure you guys our curious about where I am from. I am in Lansing, and my Family Lives in the detroit area. (Both cities in Michigan just incase you didnt know) Has anyone out there v recently and thought it wasnt as bad as we make it to be? Please reply ASAP

Aww Im so sorry. I hope your okay *hugd
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Ruby,

I just took another xanax to take the edge off. I am still scared. One of my biggest fears is waking up in the middle of the night to do "it"

Dont panic - you are strong, you won't get it - keep believing, really, really concentrate on not getting it and your brain will protect your body - like psychoimmunology - your brain is in control, if you tell it not to v* it won't - if you feel ill, imagine your tummy going down, down, down - at worst you would have d*, but it will be gone and past.

We're all thinking of you

xxx

Thanks Snakmed,

Have any of you guys done it recently and thought it wasnt bad?

You are really brave!! Good for you for sticken by your man and taking care of him, that was great of you!! And I think you are strong enough if you did get it, you would make it through. I am sorry this had to happen, but it sounds like you are doing a great job keeping yourself together.

Thanks Mitch, Ill keep you guys posted

Sorry you are going through this. You are braver than me to snuggle with him. Not me , no way, no how. I am terrible when my husband is sick with v*ing. However, I am very proud to say that I will do whatever my kids need when they are v*ing. Keep your chin up and I'm sure you will be OK.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Is this an sv or fp? neverheard of an sv having chills and aches that bad, but Ive read about them going along with fp, and fp can occur anywhere from 2 hours after eating up until 7 days. Kim

I am not sure what he has. He took some motrin and His fever went from 102 to 98, so he is feeling better. He keeps telling me that he ate too much, but I am not feeling very convinced. Why would eating too much give you a fever? I am trying to cope. I rented 3 movies for us to watch, and I am taking care of him. He ate some jello that I made, and some soup and gatoraid. I was laying on the couch with him watching the movies. I feel like if I am going to get it anyway, I have already been exposed majorly so laying with him now isnt going to make much difference. This worst part is wondering if your going to get it. UPDATE ON MY MOM. She v a few hours ago. Geese, it seems like my whole family has this crap. I hope I can stay calm. I am so glad you guys are here. I need you guys now, and I will keep you updated. If I get sick, I hope I can come back on the site and tell you guys that it wasnt bad and its nothing to be afraid of. We can only hope, right? This sucks. But I am having fun watching movies and doing nothing. That is sort of a plus I guess......

I really really do think, as crazy as this sounds, that if we as emets were to actually v*, that it wouldn't be as bad as we think. I do know that the few times I have v* in my adult life, well more like two, that honestly when I was done, I thought, "Now why am I afraid of that?". But then five minutes later, I'm praying I won't do it again. But remember, if you do get it, I would be surprised if you v*. We're more d* kind of people. Wow, did you ever think you'd feel relief at that last statement?[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I v* two years ago - it is an option and is over quickly - disgusting but perhaps best if you decide to, if you do the deed, flush quickly and don't look at it.

Hope you don't, butdo what you know is best

We are all thinking of you

xxx

I'm sorry you're having such a horrible Christmas. The scariest part is the anticipation.The "will I or won't I". IF and that is a big if-you do get the sv*, you're body will take care of itself-that is how we're made. You need to take things day by day and minute by minute. Use good hygiene and try to do things to get your mind off of it.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Oh man, I have been in that position before...actually last Christmas. This should ease your tension a little though, everyone around me got it, d* and v* at work and my family that was visiting. I was flipping out with a capital F. I ended up catching it, but just had d* all night and then felt weak the next day and dehydrated, but I never v*. I would guess that more than likely if you were to end up with it, it would be the d*...still not pleasant, but not v*!! Hang in there, I know that it can be sooo hard when you feel like you are in the middle of it. I am so sorry that you are going through this, but it sounds like you are handling it a lot better than you think that you are.
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

I hope you stay well. You are VERY brave!!! Let us know how you are feeling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am feeling better I think. I just woke up from a nap. I ate some toast with butter. I only had a little d. I dont know if I caught it or not. I would guess I didnt. I thought I did when i had the d. I felt realy scared and that made me feel like I caught it too. Do you guys think I would have it by now, even though my boyfriend is still with me and still a little sick? I havent kissed him or anything in the last 2 days, or shared anything. I am afraid I will catch it from being in the same bathroom as him after he had d. What do you guys think?

You are so brave to stick by him and remain as close physically. I love my husband and would do anything for him but take care of him if he is v* due to anything I can catch,

The antisapation is what is so scarey. Keep us posted and we are here for you.
    Girlie Girl

Your as happy as you make up your mind to be...Mark Twain

I think using the same bathroom is fine, as long as you wash your hands well. If you clean the bathroom with bleach water, that will wipe out all the nasties, and make sure to use a different towel than him.