Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

to keep your mind off of emet? I find that keeping myself very busy, helps.I try to keep myself occupied with activity.

Physical activity has helped me. Iexercise regularly and play tennis once a week. The fit feeling makes mefeel healthier andI'vebeen told that those in good shape have a stronger immune system.Whether this is true or not remains to be seen but the thought that this could be true, keeps me thinking positive.

Meditation. My emetophobia and panic attackstend to be in the evenings.I started making lunchmy heaviest meal of the day andmy dinners light.15-30 minutes of meditationan hour after dinner has largely reduced my panic attacks.Meditationalso reducesanxiety that cantrigger stomach ailments such as IBS and other medical conditions.

Family activities such as playing board games, scrapbooking and other craftswith the kids, hubby, or wifenot only is beneficialfor quality family time but it helps keepmy mindtoo busy to worry about emet.

Diet. I make sure I eat a healthy immune boosting diet that includes vitamins and minerals. Fruits, veggies and grains dominate my overall diet. I don't eat very much animal product.

Learning and writing. I started taking writing classes and this too has helped enormously. I can now express my feelings via pen and paper. I highly recommend journaling when emetophobics arefeeling down and out. If writing is not your forte, try taking classes either at a community center, college or online. Learning something new is challengingandfeels very good when you successfully complete the class.

Volunteering and taking up hobbies is another pick me upper.

I can speak for other emets, but myfears about v* occur when I'm healthy and not sick. It's the fear of getting sick thattriggers an attackwhich makes me think normal digestive feelings are nausea.Usually it's just heartburn or gas. The above activities help me keep my mind off of digestive matters.

I also like to stay fit. I usually eat healthy, but I'm having a hard time because of food adversions and fear of ecoli in produce.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img](I'm really trying hard to get over the fear.)

I love to clean when I feel anxious. It relaxes me and eases my mind.

I don't have a really good book right now, but when I do, I will read to get my mind off of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I usually put on "On The Beautiful Blue Danube" of J.Strauss 2.
    That is really relaxing or sometimes i just put some funk on.
    It really helps me to get calm.

Le Paroxysme de la Tranquilité.

Compulsory good manners.