Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panic Attacks..

I have been posting quite a bit lately about how scared I am that I am going to be sick. I do get panic attacks, so when I am on here saying I am scared and that I want to die, most of the time I am completely just freaking myself out. I always makeit seemmuch worse than it actually is. Thank you to all the people who calmed me down, especially prncesspnk, rubysoho120, lianaismadchill, and hippychick. I was very nervous and I was probably overreacting. I am new to this, and I did v* only two months ago, so it is still embedded in my mind. Thank you so much for understanding, and I do not want to seem like the girl who cried wolf. I panic a lot, and hopefully I can soon learn to calm myself down. Thanks again.

Thanks especially to prncesspnk and rubysoho120. Being able to private message you did help a lot, thanks for calming me down rubysoho120.And prncesspnk, thank you for your AIM screen name. I need to learn both of your real names soon. Edited by: emmalou
    ☮ ♥ emma

Hi Emma,

Sometimes for me anyways I am always so nervosu expressingmy fears and need for someone to talk to because people aroun dme don't understand. When I come here I know that I can kinda post about almost anything and feel comofrtable that there are really nice people to help out. Don't worry about looking like you are over reacting. We all hav eour strengths and are at different points of recovery in our phobia, or points of discovery of our phobia. Take care,
    Carolee

Hi,

I can imagine how traumatic it is for you to remember v* so recently. From what I see on this site and from what I experience all the time, your reactions are completely "normal" for an emet!

With time, with care, you will get better.

Blessings,
    Steph

Hey girl,

sorry to hear about this. How old are you? You seem about my age...I'm 18 and female...

i feel the way you've been describing a lot...one of my most horrible ones was the night after I had broken the regional record at 3200 meters.

i had literally smashed the record and became so excited it was almost like having a panic attack...i could not settle down. i had to race again the next morning, so i got home about 12:00 midnight (very late for me) and drank kind of a smoothie thing, then went to bed.

a few hours later i woke up with a Terrible Feeling...the worst nausea I'd ever had. I was absolutely sure i was going to v*. i took tums and then went downstairs and lied down on the couch...( for some reason i always sleep there when i feel n*) and for an hour tried to keep from v*ing. eventually i drifted off but had nightmares about v* and felt n* even in my sleep.

i woke up with bad d*. i told my dad i felt s* but i had to race in a few hours and needed to catch the athletes bus, which left from my high school.

so i got in the car and i hadn't made it down my street before the feeling hit again. i immediately climbed out of the drivers seat and got in the front and made my dad drive.

i panicked all the way to school about riding in the bus incase i v* on the bus in front of everybody. when we got to school i got out of the car, ran into the gym, told my coach i was s* and felt horrible, and then ran back to the car again, refusing to ride the bus.

i went home and lied down for a few hours until my dad said we really needed to leave for my race. i said i felt n* and had d* and didn't want to, but my dad made me call my coach. i told her that if i got out of bed i would v* but she forced me to come. so we got in the car and my dad got pepto bismol and made me drink it. it didn't help...i still felt N*. i finally got to the track and went straight for the bathroom to have d*. i went down to warm up for my race and couldnt do it. i hadn't eaten anything or barely drank anything and i felt so n* and faint. i tried to v* so i would feel better but didn't have anything to v* up.

all the athletes were getting ready to go to the line when i burst into tears. i didn't want to race because i was so n*. People probably thought it was weird...here i had just broken the record last night at the 3200 and now i was bawling right at the start line. i ran the race though...and finished, though my time was nothing close to what i was capable of. after the race i went up to the stands, and layed down for hours. i still felt n* i felt n* all day. however on the bus ride back i realized that as n* as i was, there was no way on earth i would v*...i had nothing in my stomach. i still layed down on the bus and my coach asked what was wrong...i said i was s* all night and my coach said that was probably just the shock on my body of running the record (as it was much faster than i had run before) and probably i got so wound up over it that i felt s*.

so, when we got back home, my dad said we were going to see Mission Impossible 3 at the theatre. i got really excited, and by the time we got there i was absolutely fine. even ate at the theatre and was OK.

So....I didn't V*! If i had eaten earlier, maybe i would of V*ed!

I am 16, but I get nervous like this every day. Even this morning, I got up and ate and now I feel n* again. This just never ends. I'm always afraid I'm going to v*, even if I'm not feeling s*. I need to just get over this fear because it is absolutely controlling my entire life. I thought I could do it, but now I have doubts. Instead of getting nervous about v*, once a week, it is now every single day. I just wish I had someone to talk to in person about this that has the same problems.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Oh Emma my dear, you are so not alone, thats the thing. We all wish we
    had someone who was emet living right next door, to console us, but
    life isn't that nice sometimes, lol. You will be okay, you know how I
    know? Because I was once your age, and now I let it control me less,
    and you will too. You will see that of all those times you feel n* its
    usally just from being hungry or it being in your head, and that you
    don't actually v* and then you will gain more strength to get past the
    evil emet curse. I know you were sick just recently, and hopefully it
    wont be for a while, you know how its spread, and you can use that as a
    tool to help you succeed pass emets. I hope you have a better day. I
    will be at work in a bit, but you can always reach me on my phone if
    you need to.

I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You are the best, you know that? I hope you have a great day at work, and I am actually looking into a job right now, ha. It's kind of like yours, but its at a tanning salon. I will just sit at the front desk all day. But I dont know, we'll see how it goes. Ha I found something on the 13 going on 30 website that you should look at. It's really stupid, but I've been playing with it for hours. http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/1.../site/magic80s ball.php

Have fun with that, oh and I took the career quiz - ha I'm weird like that - and I am going to be a magazine editor-in-chief. FUN
    ☮ ♥ emma

Hey again...

i know what it feels like to feel n* constantly. i've had stomach problems since maybe 7 years old

it kinda comes and goes....like my frosh year...i had a new running coach and was extremely shy and kinda a crybaby during that time of life...i'd always feel n* on the bus or whatever, i constantly told my coach i was s* and about to v*, but never would...had d* occasionally though. there are just certain times off and on though that i will be n* and feel horrible like every day, but really i have only v* once in high school! this is what i tell myself when i feel like that: "i feel like this all the time, and it virtually never turns into v*! So odds are I will not v*!"

Pepto helps a lot, i don't know if you take that. tums usually doesn't help much, but sometimes. that's the only stuff i've ever taken...and i can barely get pepto down...i usually almost v* just due to the taste!

i'm here for ya...email me or something girl, just whenever u need it

and another thought... are you on xmas break from school or something? it just seems like you have a whole lotta time to just sit there and worry with nothing to distract you. do you do this at school (like panic over n* during class) or is it just when you're not occupied or working on something? maybe just keeping busy will help you...i dunno, there are times when it helps me and other times when it really doesn't.

so sorry...bein an emet is no fun, i also have ocd which is a nightmare...but hang in there baby.