Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am the one whose boyfriend has been sick. I think I am nuts. I went to urgent care and told the doctor about this lump I had on my neck and he wants to biopsy it possibly.(It has been hurting for 3 days, and its huge).(I forgot to add this to my original post) Then I told him all about my phobia and how my family is sick. He was awsome. He prescribed me some phenegran tablets and suppositories just in case I catch it. The nurse that was there told me she had it a weekago, and she only v twice and had d. She doesnt like todo it either. She was realy nice to talk too.The doctorunderstood what I was going through because he knows about how I am a second year medstudent.PS! I am not theonly emet in medschool!!! I have two friends who have it just as bad as me, and they sometimes wonder why the heck they chose this field! SOmedays I wonder too. I amrambling. Will be keeping you guys posted. Thanks for being there for me guys![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

You are one brave cookie. I freak out when I think I might feel sick just maybe, ha. You make me feel a lot better about having this phobia. I thought my dreams of becoming a journalist were absolutely over because I get so nervous all the time, but if you can be in med school and have this fear, I hope I can make it to journalism school. I'm proud of you! Good luck with everything going on.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Kudos to you for being in med school! That is awesome.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]