Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: What is the usual cause of your n*?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overeating

1 3.33%
  • Undereating

1 3.33%
  • Anxiety/panic attacks/depression

27 90.00%
  • Medications

1 3.33%
  • Stomach problems

0 0%
  • other medical

0 0%

I would say that mine is definitely from severe anxiety attacks, although I am on 3 different meds I have to take daily ( maybe thay have something to do with it). The anxiety is my main cause for n*, esp. during PMS time. I feel like pregnant woman symptoms.
    -Bridgette

I really have no idea!

Why? Why does it happen? Why?

lol 10 people have said psychological problems, and one person's said medications. lol I think it's pretty obvious[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

All of the above except for medication
    You only live once

I really don't get N* very often. I feel ,although having severe emet, I don't stress over it as much as many here do. I don't think about it every second. I feel so bad, truely, for those on here that have the CONSTANT worry, because I do understand what that worry is like. If I was to come down with stomache flu, or drink to much, I would and have had that dark, lonely, dreadful wanting to run from it as fast and hard as I can feeling. I do understand totally. When I am to the v* stage, I panic as bad as the rest on here. My hands sweat, my mouth gets dry, my heart races, I get dizzy, I beg, plead and pray to God it doesn't happen, I feel like I want to escape myself and yet I can't. Its the most empty, dark, lonely feeling ever and I HATE it. I would rather die at that very moment. DIE! I think with age, although the fear is as bad, I don't have the daily, constant worry, every waking second. I do think about it daily, I do wash my hands a lot, I make my kids wash alot, I wipe down toilets and bathrooms everyday, I wonder when I go out to eat, if the cooks are sick, etc. but I don't panic and feel N* everyday. I really freak though, because I know that when I am N*, its for real! I don't ever make myself sick. ever! So it wouold be the real thing, unfortunatly. Anyway, thats my story with N* and me and emet.

Quote Originally Posted by longgone
    All of the above except for medication

Same here.

The biggest nausea attacks I've had recently (3 in the last year) have all been down to drinking too much alcohol!!! (and partly overeating at the same time)

What an idiot! [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

So it looks anxiety/depression win. Check this list out-no wonder so many emets are n* all the time-it's mainly due to anxiety:

symptoms of panic attacks
    <UL class=styled style="MARGIN: 10px auto; WIDTH: 450px">
    <LI class=al>Rapid heart beat, pounding heart or palpitations
    <LI>Sweating
    <LI class=al>Shaking visibly or inside
    <LI>Choking sensations or lump in throat
    <LI class=al>Smothering or shortness of breath sensations
    <LI>Chest pain or discomfort
    <LI class=al>Nausea, bloating, indigestion or abdominal discomfort
    <LI>Dizziness or unsteadiness
    <LI class=al>Feeling light-headed
    <LI>Derealisation (feeling unreal or dreamy)
    <LI class=al>Depersonalisation (feeling outside yourself or like you don't exist)
    <LI>Fear of losing control or going crazy
    <LI class=al>Paresthesias (numbness or tingling sensations) in face, extremities or body
    <LI>Chills or hot flushes
    <LI class=al>Skin losing colour
    <LI>Blushing or skin blotches
    <LI class=al>Urgently needing to urinate or defecate </LI>[/list]
    -Bridgette