Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Icky day..

I woke up this morning feeling good, and so I decided I would take my sister to the mall. Well on the way there, I had a major flashback of when I had fp two months ago but I decided to tough it out. I got to the mall and decided I would try and eat, but the minute I took a bite of my pretzel I felt so n*. I literally thought I had to v*. So I went into the bathroom (and I hate public restrooms) but I didnt v*. So I decided to come home and I never pass up shopping so that was weird. I am so scared that I am going to v*. My stomach doesnt hurt or anything, but I do have cramps.. and usually when I have my period I get d*, but I am scared that I am going to have d* and think it's my period, when it is really the stomach flu. Ahh I am thinking way too much.I don't want to v*.What a sucky day. Anyone have any idea what is wrong?
    ☮ ♥ emma

prolly jus tyour nerves hun. it does it too me too. i am sorry you do not feel well. take you a bath and try to relax you will be ok

I think you are having an anxiety attack. That's exactly what it sounds like. I think you will be fine when you calm down. Try to do something that will take your mind off of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would take a bath, but last time I did that I v*. God it seems like everything got tied into this stupid v* thing. Being on here calms me down though. Ruby usually does it best but shes not online because shes having a sucky day too. What are some really good relaxation techniques.. other than baths. Ah god this sucks.
    ☮ ♥ emma

I usually listen to music. Could you call Ruby?
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

PS- We're like the same age. Okay...[/unhelpful offtopic][img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

ummi probably could but she lives quite a long ways away and im not sure how much that would cost. now I have the chills and I have like 5 shirts on and a sweatshirt. I am freaking out! i dont want to have the stomach flu.. I am so scared. I dont want to v*. God this sucks so bad.
    ☮ ♥ emma

How are you now?

Feeling any better?

No. I feel really icky and I am so scared. I think I might have to v*.. but i really dont want to. I want to die.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Emma, try to calm down, this is just an anxiety attack. You doNOT have the SV*. Maybe you could go for a walk, freash air might help you calm down. I went thru the same thing a few days ago. Do you have any anxiety meds?

Yeah I do. I feel calmer now though.. I just need to breathe. i might go for a walk later, after my sisters friend goes home. I hate this so much, I need to get rid of this phobia. I want to live again.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Yes, it does sound like n* from anxiety. I am the same as you. I just hate it but there is really nothing you can do but let it pass. Try ginger pills or maybe dramamine.
    -Bridgette

Ok my mom wont let me take dramamine because she thinks its not safe unless you truly need it, and what are ginger pills? and where do i get like ginger candies?
    ☮ ♥ emma

Hey are you okay hon??? Sorry I was away. If you ever need to talk we
    can. I have a cell phone...free minutes, free long distance. How are
    you feeling? I watch 13 going on 30 with my mom. I love it still, and I
    was thinking about you.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All I want is a fluffy PILLOW...do you have one? Can you hug it?
    I love Sam

Ruby! Ha i love 13 going on 30. i havent been able to enjoy it though. I am too scared if I watch it, then I will feel sick and never want to watch it again. I would love to talk on the phone sometime.. but i'm not sure if i have free long distance. free texting though! thanks for thinking of me, my day still kind of sucks, but I just ate supper and I think it went well. you should give me your number though.. in a private message in case I need to talk. Thanks for being so great to me.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Ginger pills, you can get them anywhere you find vitimans. I just picked up a bottle my self. I havenet taken any yet, when I do I will let you know if it works.

I had badn* today and so did my pregnant co-worker. I gave her a ginger pill and popped one in myself-it seriously worked like magic for the both of us( I hadn't used one in quite a while and she never tried one before). I think for more hardcore n*, prescription drugs work better (but I don't use those yet) but for the kind you have, ginger pills will relieve the n*. Hang in there! I get flashbacks all the time and it sucks but I am trying to fight it and you can,too!!
    -Bridgette