Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

OMFG!!!!! look at this!!!

http://www.nbc15.com/news/headlines/5021316.html

It is spreading like wildfire!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I don't live far from Madison!!!!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]Oh great! Now I am freaking out!!!Edited by: 1scareddj
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

OOhh, don't freak. Keep in mind that those out breaks occured in the hotel, and VA hospital, and nursing homes. I read about the out breakin the hotel, at that one appears to have spread from an ill employee who touched the food that they were serving. You are going to be fine. Just remember to keep washing your hands, and keep them away from your face. I am just north of you in Green Bay and I was freaking out last week about the out breaks in the schools and church in Oshkosh. But I just kept in mind that I am a clean person and have not been around anyone who has been ill.

by the way, its about time that the media has defined to the public the difference between the norovirus (SF*) is not the same flu that we all get shots for. I talk to a lot of people who don't understand the difference.

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Will this EVER end??????????

Don't worry they are saying it is more in group settings than individuals!

Ok so here is my question:

When they say to sanatize keyboards, phones, etc....what are you suppose to use? I wipe down the keyboards, phones, cd player, control board, microphone, and computer mouse with Clorox Wipes and I spray Lysol on the door knobs...but I don't think any of those kills the Norovirus!!!!! What DOES kill the Norovirus???
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

That is a good question....I use lysol to spray on things, oust for in the air and lysol or clorox wipes to wipe things down too.

I found this one website...says that bleach kills it. Looks like united 262 hepacide kills it as well

http://foodpoisoning.pritzkerlaw.com...norovirus-prev ention-norovirus-prevention-for-food-handlers.html

This crap is still contagious in your poop for 2-3 weeks after you have been sick. So does that mean if your not careful, you can get it again???

The problem with outbreaks in nursing homes is that they are impossible to keep at bay. I worked in one when Norwalk hit. SUCKED SO BAD. I called in sick for a couple of days pretending I had it just so I could avoid the hell on earth. The thing is, with some patients, like the ones i worked with, they sometimes have dementia. As often as workers try to keep the clients cleaned up, you don't know where their hands have been!! So, they inadvertently spread it to each other. Workers cleaning up after those sick do the best THEY can, but remember, even the slightest touching of your face after handling anything like that and I beieve you're pegged.

That article says this:

"This is unfortunately part of the human condition and these outbreaks come and go. . ."

Edited by: melissarene

"part of the human condition". yeah, that's real comforting to us emets!![img]smileys/smilies_15.gif[/img]