Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Saddam Hussein was hanged a little before 6:00AM in Iraq Time, which is 10PM eastern time! Just thought I'd let all you guys know the good news. . .
    Das ist Wahnsinn

Wow! I can't believe theyactually did it. I bet alot of people over there are relieved.

I'de like to see that....sadistic?....maybe....but he was sadistic. I'm glad he's dead.
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Quote Originally Posted by crystalmom
    I'de like to see that....sadistic?....maybe....but he was sadistic. I'm glad he's dead.

Yeah me too...I got one word to say about the hanging...GOOD!!

I live near a town that has a very large population of Arabics, and they were dancing in the streets having a party. He was an aweful man, and I hope he is burning in hell.

That was too harsh was it??Edited by: mitch04133

no not harsh.

i think that a hanging was too good for him

What bothers me here is that the world is full of tyrannic leaders, just like Saddam Hussein, but are the world powers seeking them out too? No! The argument for going to war was to rid the country of WMD - which to this day have never been found. There are other countries, Libya, Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Syria for example, who have or are developing WMD. What does George Bush do here? Nothing, because they are either our allies, or we have no economic dependence.

It's a shame that many have been fooled into thinking this war was justified on humanitarian and world protection grounds when really it is all about dominating oil production and the defense of the dollar.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant. I don't want to spark a debate. These are my views about the war and I know not everyone feels the same. I am glad Saddam Hussein is no longer the Iraqi leader...it's just a shame that his capture has been shrouded by lies.

Edited by: suze

But just remember, we did not but him to death,His own countrydid. We just captured him than turned him over.In the end, hisown country tried, convicted him and sentenced him. He was executed because by his own people not us.

suze, i agree. politics are just making me sick. if you look at the amount of american solidiers dead at because of george bush, then in my book he should be hanged as well. it's all just sick to me.

mitch, you are right. their country did the hanging- thank god. but i still worry about the retalitaion coming our way because to much of that population this man was god and our government is for the most part responsible.

i still keep finding myself wonderingwhat's up with bin laden...

\"This too shall pass\"

Quote Originally Posted by mitch04133
    But just remember, we did not but him to death,His own countrydid. We just captured him than turned him over.In the end, hisown country tried, convicted him and sentenced him. He was executed because by his own people not us.
    I'm not disagreeing, I'm questioning whether we had a right to be there in the first place, or at least a right to know the real reasons for going in. There are situations at the moment, in Darfur and Rwanda for example, where mass genocide is taking place. Saudi Arabia has got one of the worst human rights records, but what do we do? Nothing!

It's just the double-standards and lies that bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by shiva

suze, i agree. politics are just making me sick. if you look at the amount of american solidiers dead at because of george bush, then in my book he should be hanged as well. it's all just sick to me.
    Word. I never for one moment would have said that Saddam is a good man but I can't bring myself to really have strong feelings about his execution. Has his death really made any impact on the state of the world for the better? I can't see that it has things are just the same now as they were a month ago when he was alive.

A lot of Iraqi's are probabaly happy so that's good, but their country's got other problems now so......ever hear the saying out of the frying pan and into the fire?

All I can really feel about is that at least the people who he did victimize while he was dictator now have justice.

I hope this will help to bring closure to families who were effected by him.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

suze, i agree.* politics are just making me sick.* if you look at the amount of american solidiers dead at because of george bush, then in my book he should be hanged as well.* it's all just sick to me.*

mitch, you are right.* their country did the hanging- thank god.* but i still worry about the retalitaion coming our way because to much of that population this man was god and our government is for the most part responsible.*

i still keep finding myself wondering*what's up with bin laden...

I couldn't have said it better myself!! I completely agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by crystalmom

I'll toast to that......CHEERS!!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Quote Originally Posted by christianne

mitch, you are right. their country did the hanging- thank god. but i still worry about the retalitaion coming our way because to much of that population this man was god and our government is for the most part responsible.

I couldn't have said it better myself!! I completely agree!!

I second my agreement. Hanging Saddam is only a surface thing meant to appease the masses, and distract them from thinking of some of these issues.

Woohoo- Saddam is dead......now what about all the other stuff that is going on and not being addressed? And really, with everything going on in Iraq currently, will his death even make a difference? Other than of course, making him a martyr for the cause and strengthening the resolve of the "other side".

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Politics always turn into heated debates on this site...lol

Suze- I agree that saddam is only a surface thing and all that, and that the US had no right to go in, but I don't believe that, as you say, everyone in the US has been "tricked" into thinking that the war was justified. On the contrary: at least where I live, the minority thinks that the war was justified and a good thing. Just because Bush is corrupt doesn't mean that the whole country is.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Nothing is worse than tyrannical, authoritarian, egotistical,
    delusional, megalomaniacal leaders who mislead and harm not only their
    population but the population of other sovereign nations by spreading
    misinformation and fear.

Now, about Saddam Hussein...[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img].

Edited by: 5cats

Quote Originally Posted by spilled_milk

Suze- I agree that saddam is only a surface thing and all that, and that the US had no right to go in, but I don't believe that, as you say, everyone in the US has been "tricked" into thinking that the war was justified. On the contrary: at least where I live, the minority thinks that the war was justified and a good thing. Just because Bush is corrupt doesn't mean that the whole country is.

<3 Anya--
    I wasn't really inferring that just the US had been "tricked", I meant the UK people too. Opinion has swung here...I think the majority were in favour when we were convinced that Iraq had WMD. Now we know better, there has been a huge swing in opinion and it has damaged our PM's reputation. Sorry if I offended you here...I don't think I ever implied that your country was corrupt, and if I did, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by suze
    Quote Originally Posted by spilled_milk

<3 Anya--

I wasn't really inferring that just the US had been "tricked", I meant the UK people too. Opinion has swung here...I think the majority were in favour when we were convinced that Iraq had WMD. Now we know better, there has been a huge swing in opinion and it has damaged our PM's reputation. Sorry if I offended you here...I don't think I ever implied that your country was corrupt, and if I did, I'm sorry.

Yeah i totally get you...i just misunderstood. Thanks!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

It shows that feeling is turning even in America with the more recent election results. I think at first a lot of people were ok with it in the wake of 9/11 but as time goes on and family members are getting killed out there public understanding has lessoned and people aren't so happy about it or willing to accept nthat it's what is best.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I couldn't agree more about Bush, I was just thinking this myslef when I heard about Saddam.

I can't help but wonder about Bin Ladden either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    It shows that feeling is turning even in America with the more recent election results. I think at first a lot of people were ok with it in the wake of 9/11 but as time goes on and family members are getting killed out there public understanding has lessoned and people aren't so happy about it or willing to accept nthat it's what is best.
    Actually, there wasn't that much public understanding to begin with and I think that was Bush's plan all along.

He made it seem like Saddam was directly linked to 9/11, although it was never clear exactly how.

Well I've since learned that, not only did Saddam not have anything to do with Al Qaeda, he actually surpressed them in Iraq while he was still there. Now I'm not trying to say Saddam was a good leader or a good guy. He was a tyrannical bastard, but the facts are that he, mostly likely, wasn't involved with 9/11.

All Bush has done ever since September 2001 is wave the bloody shirt. He uses the fear and greif that is only natural after a tragedy like that to get what he wants, which, when you think about it, is pretty reprehensible!

Quote Originally Posted by chicajojobe
    . Now I'm not trying to say Saddam was a good leader or a good guy. He was a tyrannical bastard, but the facts are that he, mostly likely, wasn't involved with 9/11.

All Bush has done ever since September 2001 is wave the bloody shirt. He uses the fear and greif that is only natural after a tragedy like that to get what he wants, which, when you think about it, is pretty reprehensible!

Well that's not why he was executed. It had nothing to do with 911, orBush and the current war. He was just captured by us. He was convicted and hung for the 1982 murders of 148 people in Iraq. The only thing we did was capture him, and war or no war, he were over there pursuing him no matter what.

Do we forget Desert Storm? The reason why we were involved in that war was because Sadaam refuesed to solve the diplomatic crisis in Kuwait. Whether we should of been involved in Desert Storm or not, I can't say (I really don't know much about the war I was young) but that is why we were pursuing Sadaam. Not 911, and not the war now. We had been for longer than everyone thinks.

I saw that last night! It's good that he's dead. very good.

That video was scary.. I had to turn it off. They dont exaclty show him die.. they just show him with the noose around his neck and then they cut to his body covered with a sheet.. AHHHH anyone dying freaks me out.. even Sadam Hussein.
    ☮ ♥ emma

Does anyone actually wonder if he's now the scorned lover of Satan in hell? (Sorry, that's a totally inappropriate South Park reference). Just to lighten things up.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

LOL Sage!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hopefully, in reality, Satan is kicking his ass right now. But it is pretty darn funny to imagine those two as lovers.

Who wants a toasty Saddam s'more, just warm from the fire? mmmm....

Okay, I'm sick...just sick.

Elton John has just released a song in memory of Saddam Hussein. It's called Dangle In The Wind.

[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb