Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1206/383995.html

The way they were talking on the news about it it seems like they are thinking it is influenza. My uncle is a ER doc in Texas and he said just stay away from eating out right now. I guess that is how most cases are spread.
    <DIV></DIV>

That is a bummer! Hope you got a flu shot. I got my first ever this year.

sounds like most people are getting the "cold" flu. Not the stomach flu. The flu shots only cover for the nasty upper resp. infection, not the nasty stomach bug. Norwalk has been going around wisconsin like CRAZY! Everyone in my house was sick over xmas with that!!! Just make sure to wash your hands!!!!
    And NEVER touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth!!!!

i am in oklahoma so i am seeing this "firsthand"

What a ridiculous news story. It doesn't identify the virus that's going around, only a list of symptoms that sound more like the common cold. Then it tells you to use antibacterial soap, which does not kill viruses anyway - only bacteria.

This goes to show you that reading about sickness in the news is a useless exercise, and only serves to get people upset and (on here) fearful.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In our newspaper there was an article about the flu, etc and a blurb about "the illness" in Tulsa. It states it is adenovirus and that "it is nothing out of the ordinary".

Did you have any side effects with the flu shot? I have never gotten it. My immune system seems to be very very good and Im so afraid the shot will make me catch everything. Kim