Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Having this scares the crap out of me. A co-worker was telling me that his son last night was at the bar playing in a poker tournament, when all of a sudden he felt like he was going to get sick, so he got up and started running to the bathroom, when he started getting sick right there in the bar and having d* all over at the same time. This is scaring me so bad!! No only has my co-worker been exposed, now I fear I have too!! I am supposed to go out to dinner and then to a party on New Years Eve, but I am so scared that I am going to catch something, and this is going to happen to me!! I was sitting at the same desk as him, and eating, so now I am scared I was infected!! I hate this, I hate hate hate this!! When is this going to end?

Do you guys think I should worry as much as I am?

Michele

Wow. That's a scary story. What comes to my mind is- a) the person was probably not an emet, so was probably feeling off for a while before the incident, and just ignored it until it was too late. b) people looove to tell gross stories, and for all we know, your co-worker could have exaggerated certain bits to make the story better.
    I can understand why you are scared. Those kind of stories always crank my panic meter way up, but I don't think simply eating at the same table as your co-worker puts you in any danger.

Oh god...sounds like the same thing my house got. Norwalk. This crap is only contagious by oral ingestion..so I think as long as you didn't get anything on you...you will be fine.

Another possibility.... some people aren't able to control their bodily fucntions as well as others.

Ahhh
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

aww that is really scarry but i wouldnt worry to much, i dont think you can catch it from simply sitting beside your co-worker. daffodil made a good point the person was probly not an emet and kind of brushed off any early signs and people LOVE to tell gross stories to get reactions from people , lol that is soo true not only with gross stories but any for that matter . i know a lot of times iv heard stories about things that have happened when i was around and then hearing someone tell that story to someone else , except it was totally glamorized . in general i woudnt worry to much , just try not to let the thoughts get to you and move on.

This happened to me once- I was nine, and I think it was my really only major stomach virus that I remember (or that I consider really bad).

It's funny now, because I remembered vomitting a bit on the bathroom floor because I couldn't decide which end needed to go on the toilet more. I really don't think it has anything to do with controlling bodily functions- and at that point I think I was a bit more fearful of vomitting than I am now (due to an incident at school).

I won't lie- it was pretty nasty at the time....but a few hours I was a lot better- and the next day back to normal.

I wouldn't worry though.....it can't happen that often! And maybe the fact that I was a kid made it worse.

Michelle- you are probably fine, especially if your co-worker wasn't sick herself Go out, have fun.....don't let this get you down! Enjoy the new year!

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks guys, I just so stuck in thinking I am going to catch IT!! I am going out tomorrow night, and try and have a good time. My co-worker was not sick, but I am still nervous he carried the virus on him to work...My irrational mind won't let me think otherwise.

it's possible. my mom had it before.

I've vomitted and had d* at almost the same time. It was like I v* and
    right after finishing one round, started havind d*, then again v* and
    like this for 2 hours... It was terrible[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] My bf experienced the same after 2 days.
    You only live once

This just happened to me YESTERDAY in fact......it was awful. I don't know if I was going poop while I was V*ing cause I was sooo terrified at what was going on now I don't even remember! It was awful!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

1scareddj how are you doing now?

I am doing a lot better, thank goodness!!! I actually want to eat real food!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

It got me a few years ago...I was V* and D at the same time...it was horrible. I v* a total of 16 times from 2am until 10am...the V* stopped at 10 but the D continued for another day. It was by far the most horrific thing I have ever experienced. I would sacrifice anything to be assured that will never happen again!!!!

OMG---this is just waaaaayyyyy scary stuff!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

This happened to me5 years ago at Christmas, it was awful. I had what they called over here 'Winter V* Disease' and i was so violently sick that it shot out the other end as welland i couldn't stop it, not very nice at all! Especially when you feel rough and you have to clean up after yourself[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]