Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well last night me and my boyfriend went out for festive drinks with a few friends, i always know when i've had enough but my boyfriend doesn't know when to stop. Anyway i could see he was starting to look a bit pale and i started to panic, he said he wanted to go home and as there was not really many people left out at that time of night i had no option but to go home too, knowing fine well what was going to happen next. I think he had to stop about 5 times walking home to be sick i just carried on walking and humming to myself so i couldn't hear that dreadful noise, but then without fail i started shaking and feeling hot. When we got home he wanted to straight to bed but i had to sleep on the sofa couldn't be anywhere near him just in case he wasn't finished spilling his gut's. He got a bit annoyed with me for sleeping on the sofa and i tried to explain to him but he just took the huff and went to bed in a bad mood. I think i eventually calmed down by about 8am and managed to close my eyes and get some sleep, but everytime the coughed or sniff even asnore that was me back to square one a nervous wreck again.

AWHHHHHHHH i hate being like this why can't i just be ok with it.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    jennie

I'm exactly the same. I worry every time my fiance is drunk. Thankfully he isn't ill very often but everytime he is really drunk I spend all night not sleeping properly as I'm listening out for him. This time last year we went out for an all day dinking session with friends and my fiance really posisoned him system big style with alcohol. He was so very ill - he couldn' control either end and it was awful. I think that experience put him off a bit as he was stillsuffering two days later, but he still does overdo it at times. We are off to a party tonight at one of our friend's and he tends to ply us with drinks, but I have warned him not to keep doing that and he does understand as he knows about my emet. So, fingers crosed, all will be ok, but you still worry.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] (Wish me luck!)
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hey There!

I would have acted the same way as you. Look at it this way - you were "exposed" and you handled it great! I would have ran screaming from him!! LOL! And, as for going to bed on the couch - the only thing I would have done differentlywas - make him sleep on the couch!!! LOL!

Hey - we are all grown ups - he has to understand and adjust (doesn't mean he has to agree nor accept your fear) to the fact that you have a phobia, and he needs to support you, not grumble at you and go to bed angry. [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

I'm hearin ya!

Nichole

aww dont worry about it because i bet most of us would have done the same thing too.

I think even a non-emet would probably not want to sleep in the bed with a v*ing drunk. He has the problem, not you, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by domino2006
    I think even a non-emet would probably not want to sleep in the bed with a v*ing drunk. He has the problem, not you, in my opinion.

Amen! Sorry you had to deal with that. Sounds like you did well though. I couldn't have even been in the same house let alone walk with him.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Yeah you did a good job. I have encountered that problem with my husband and I have tried my best to listen to him or help him...but so far, every time it's happened, I've started shaking or breaking out in a heavy sweat. It's an awful feeling not being able to be there for someone.

I applaude you! You did a great job of handling the situation. If your boyfriend doesn't like when you sleep on the couch then tell him not to get that drunk. I don;t think I would have stayed.
    Girlie Girl

Your as happy as you make up your mind to be...Mark Twain