Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I know we all post a million times about hand sanitizers, etc. I just researched and discovered this: the sanitizers that have triclosan as the main ingredient ARE not ANTI_VIRAl so they DO NOT kill the SV. Sanitizers made of alcohol DO kill viruses, and Germ-X makes wipes with Benzalkonium Chloride as the main ingredient--this kills viruses as well. SOOOOOOOOO. . . .don't bother buying the triclosan based sanitizers, they're bad for the environment and don't kill viruses. I hope this was helpful!! I have the Germ X wipes and I LOVE THEM, they are soft and I feel like I am actually getting my hands CLEANER at the same time I am killing nasty bugs!! Edited by: donna1216

I'll have to check my bath&body works gels cause thats what I use.Thanks Donna
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Oh no..what do I use as dish soap???
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My dtr's school uses Germ Xin the classroomsand they have prevented the spread of sv (and other viruses for that matter). Doesn't it do SOME good???

Some Germ X (the bottle I have right now) is alcohol based

Quote Originally Posted by swiftette
    I'll have to check my bath&body works gels cause thats what I use.Thanks Donna
    I use Bath and Body Works hand gels too----they smell amazing!! It does say they have alcohol as the main ingredient, but if you read further it ALSO says they have Triclosan as well. So I'm really not sure if they'd work on viruses or not.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Edited by: christianne

bat and body has 60% alchohol.....i wonder if that is good

I checked-the b&b works lotion has triclosan([img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img])and thegel has ethyl alcohol. I'll have to look for germ-x, can you buy it just anywhere?
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

yes, I buy it at Wal Mart. I'm telling you (again) their wipes are THE BEST!!

We love GermX!! We use it all the time it works great!!!

So - just to clarify (I'm a little slow here), the GermX has an ingrediant that kills the norovirus?

I was trying to research that specifically and I found an article about an Oregon nursing home that was shut down because of Norovirus (I don't have many details because I was unable to open the complete article) but that article said that alcohol DOES kill the virus. And I also read that in order for the hand sanitizers to be effective, it should take 30 seconds at the lesat for your hands to dry after application. If it takes less than that, then you haven't used enough.

That is soooo nice to know!!!! Thank you!! I use germ x all the time, it's cheaper..lol..On mine it says the main ingredient is Ethyl Alcohol, is that good?

i bought the walgreens brand of germ-x for only $2 =) and yes the active ingredient is benzalkonium chloride!! =) i bought the actual gel sanitizer and the wipes, and that was all i bought... the cashier looked at me like i was crazy lol

Awesome info...of course I use the bath and body works stuff....the creamy looking gel and the lotion. I love the way they smell. Guess I will get some germ x and then use the anti bac lotion so my hands dont get so dried out.

I think if you elaborate, this should be a sticky. It's really helpful. [/backseat moderating]. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"