Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does anyone else feel like their problem with this has become worse after identifying that it was actually a REAL phobia?

No I was just really happy to know it was something, and that i wasnt crazy
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think initially it was much better. Knowing what it is helps me to know there is a cure. But then I started getting this morbid fascination and that led to more anxiety and panic attacks because I was thinking about it more.

So knowledge is a tool and we can abuse it if we're not careful.

I hear you, though. But don't you feel supported in a way, like you're not the only one? That's how I feel. It's wonderful to know I'm not alone.

i felt really releived that i was not the only one in the world like i thought. when i found this site , i felt like it was a dream. it made me feel even better when i realized that so many other people suffered from this phobia and they could all relate to me.

p.s i wasnt happy others had this phobia just that they knew exactly how it felt to be in my shoes and everything i go through

I definitely feel better knowing I'm not crazy and I'm not the only one feeling this way. But it still frustrates me that I am so obsessed with this. I just don't want to think about it so much.

I feel more justified now. I also feel more able to get help.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Yes and no..lol