Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Oh my god guys i am about to loose it.

** May be graphic...not bad but soem may not care to read..

My husband called about 20 minutes ago to let me know he was home sick. I asked whats wrong (stupid questions).. he said hed had the runs all morning and was dry heaving as well!!!!

-- END of potentially graphic part

Im scared to death guys...i have been with my husband almsot three years and i have yet to be around him when hes thrown up or even had a really upset tummy.

Heres the history os this tummy issue. We both had pizza last night that wasnt very good..we were hungry so we ate it. I have had intestinal issues all morning..but pther wise have been ok.

Another detail is the fact that we had a big fight this morning..which means he could have worked himself up into the runs and an upset tummy (it was about housework and how he doesnt help me nearly enough..so he was in the wrong and knows it). Thats what my mom thinks..and that he may be trying to make me feel bad and worry..i dunno about this..but its possible.

anyway..im scared to death..i had a massive panic attack..had to leave work and go see my mom (luckily shes right across the parking lot)...im doing ok..but im scared i will start heaving..and im scared to go home..

My mom says i can come there...for dinner (we had to go shopping together ne ways)..but i also dont want my husband thinking i dont love him...i cant be around him though.i just cant.

I ahd been doing SO well..no real panic (except for a week or so ago when i felt real nausea for the first time since i last did the deed and then i still handled it ok). I thought this might be past me..but its not..im shaking like a leaf..i want to cry..i want to leave work but have no where to go (my husband is at our house).

also..if ido gohome there is NO way to escape..i dont drive..and we live in a tiny house..one bedroom (ours) is right across from the bathroom and the spare room shares a THIN wall with the bathroom!!

what do i do???

~kaylaEdited by: kmarie
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

aww gosh... sounds like a very sticky situation...

does ur husband know about ur phobia? if he does,then he shud realise if u go to ur mums its not a case of u not loving him, its a case of u being scared!

maybe by the time ur husband gets home, he will feel a bit better, more relaxed and less stressed.. if not, if u cant manage it, go to ur mums and explain it to ur hussband.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I say go to your mom's house if you can. My husband has been sick a couple of times since we've been together and it was terribly scary for me. Chances are, there will come a point in your relationship when your husband will be sick and you can't escape it (i.e. in the middle of the night), but as long as you can you might as well. Even if your husband doesn't know about your phobia, I'm sure he'll understand. No one wants to be around sick people, it's just not pleasant. He'd probably be more upset if you come home a wreck and are paniced and afraid of him. Besides, a lot of people prefer privacy when they're ill. I think it would be best for both of you if you just go stay w/ your mom. Maybe you could ask him if there's anything he needs first and you could go to the store for him, that way he knows you care, but just can't handle being around for it.
    ***Jackie***

Kayla,

Believe it or not - I am going through the same thing right now - as we speak! My boyfriend woke up not feeling well this morning (we live together in a tiny one-bedroom condo) and told me he felt very nauseous. I tried to remain calm but it did scare me. (I am struggling a lot lately with anxiety over this phobia). He then called me on my way to work to ask what he can take because he is not feeling any better. I told him to take some Pepto. He then called back a few hours later to say that he is afraid to stay at work because he is so worried he is going to v*. So now he is home and resting.

I am freaked because I am not fully prepared to be around him (as this is the first time he has really been sick since we started living together). But I am going to do the best I can to take the advice of my therapist - and see this as an opportunity from God to get some needed exposure. Its going to be very scary but I am going to try (that and I don't really have anywhere else to go!)

One thing I can say is that my boyfriend and I had chinese food last night and both felt ill today as a result of that. So - there is some safety in that he is most likely feeling sick because of the bad food and not with a contagious stomach virus or something awful like that. But its still pretty scary for me.

I hope you can find a way to cope with this - but know that there is someone else going through exactly what you are going through - I am here if you need to chat later when you get home.

Jessica[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Thanks guys..and Jgirl..doesnt this just suck?? LOL

My husband appears to be feeling better. I have an hour before i have to go to my home and spend the rest of the night/evening with him. Its a tiny house..no place to escape..and i dont drive..so im stuck!

We will get through this..we are tough girls

Good luck this evening..i will check here and my email ([email protected]) frequently so if you need to talk just hollar..we will get through this!!
    Garth Brooks

Hey Ladies, I hope your boyfriend/husband feel better soon! You are probably right, the food you guys ate maybe didn't agree with them.

Let us know how you're doing!!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I hope your feeling better about the situation. maybe try spending the evening sitting outside? the air will be good for him, and less contagious for you. lol. just an idea!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

LOL great idea I will see if perhaps we can walk the dog lots together (and hope he doenst need to do the deed while out there!).

Im off ..heading home..wish me luck guys..im getting anxious..but i can DO THIS!!!
    Garth Brooks

How was your night Kayla???? I feel so bad for you!!! You sounded like you were doing ok when you left for home last night. I hope it was just the pizza... let us know!!!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Hi there! Everyhting was fine..when i got home my husband was feeling better

I found out that not only did he eat his whole pizza but two slices of mine!! Probably why he had worse symptoms then me..he also at oreos..and a ton of other crap as well..hot beef jerkey..peanut butter cups..just CRAP! no wonder he was sick!

I had the intestinal issues from the cheese on the pizza..and worrying..no doubt in my mind.

He said he wsa a little queasy this morning and now hes all stuffy..lord help me..i cant stand a sick man!!!!!
    Garth Brooks

I'm glad to hear you're handling it so well!!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Good on you for handling it.

I think anyone would get sick from eating that much junky food! HAha sometimes you can't help it though, it tastes good!

Maybe he's just coming down with a cold??

Anywho, hope you both are doing okay!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Yes..i have had serious sinus issues/cold troubles for the apst week..i think i may have finally passed it to him...ug!! LOL
    Garth Brooks

I missed this thread. I think you handled everything very well. That is awsome. I am not sure what I would do if my husband was sick from something he caught...but he has IBS and some bad reflux so I have been around him...well in the house. While he has been sick. I got all clammy and wier d flutters in my stomach but I think i was ok because I know it isn't something I can get. OOR he eats like your hubby did. No wonder he wasn't feeling well.
    I am glad all went well. You get him on those house chores. LOL

PS The cheese on pizza usually makes me feel kind of wierd too. I have been known to order pizza with none to minimal cheese.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Hi there! I usually scrape the cheese off!! LOL But this pizza (will never order form there again) was SO think if I scrapped th cheese away went the rest of the dough as well!! It was yucky..but we were hungry as could be!!
    Garth Brooks