Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I thought I would share my experience. In my opinion the labour and birth wasn't too bad although my family keep saying I don't realise what I have been through. For 10 days before I had her I was sick all day and couldn't keep anything down so when the midwife came on the 13th December I asked if i could be induced. She spoke to my consultant and i saw her on the 14th. She gave me an internal and said I was 2cm dilated and the head was right down so it would be ok to induce me early the next week but I jokingly said 'I can do tomorrow'. She didn't think it would be possible but they checked and they could so I was told to be there for 7.30am the next day. I didn't sleep a wink and at 2.20am realised I was having contractions every 10-15mins. At about 4.30am I was sick and then I was sick just before we left.
    I got to the hospital and they took me to the induction room. There were 2 other women there but I didn't really see them as the curtains were drawn. I had another internal and was 3cm dilated then they hooked me up to a machine that showed my contractions and the baby's movements. I was really sick again and at about 11.00am the pains started getting much worse. They took me to delivery at about midday and broke my waters at about 1.40pm by which time I was 5cm dilated. I had a bit of cake but it made me really sick again. I wasn't going to have pain relief because of it making me sick but the pains were getting worse and I was so used to being sick i didn't really care so I had a Meptid injection (like pethidine) and I was sick AGAIN even though they give you an anti-emetic. I don't know how long I pushed for but in the end I had to episiotomy as her heart rate kept dropping. It happened all of a sudden. They cut me and there she was. She didn't cry and they put her on my chest but she went floppy so they took her off me and the room filled up with midwifes and the paeditrician. She had to have oxygen and 5 rescue breathes. An alarm was going off and it was so so scary. It felt like forever but she recovered well and they gave her back to me. I heaved a bit after the birth and again the next morning but nothing since althogh I am still terrified it is going to happen again and worry when I eat. But she is worth it and I love her to bits.She looks like her daddy.What do you think?

[img]uploads/images/Hale/DSC00084_Small.JPG[/img]

[img]uploads/images/Hale/P1000119_Small.JPG[/img]

[img]uploads/images/Hale/P1000123_Small.JPG[/img]

[img]uploads/images/Hale/P1000104_Small.JPG[/img]
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

AWWW!! She is beautiful! Congratulations, Hale!

She is beautiful! Congratulations.

She does look like her daddy!!

She is so gorgeous and you look really well too, i know your pregnancy was difficult but look what you got at the end! Best wishes for the new year xxx
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aww happy new year with your new beautiful baby!
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awww Hale, she is sooooo beautiful.

She is the prettiest little baby girl. Congratulations
    ☮ ♥ emma

she's beautiful!! congratulations!!

did this help with your emets at all?

Congratulations - what a darling.

congratulations everyone looks so happy. im happy you made it through alright and you have a healthy baby girl. Shes gorgeous and you look great. Did getting sick so much help with your emet or make it any worse? just wondering.

Congrats again on your new bundle of joy !!

She is so sweet and precious!! Congratulations!!! I am so sorry you had such a rough time w/ getting sick!! Babies are worth it, though!!!

She is amazing! Congratulations to you. She's perfect.

I am still scared of being sick but I think it has helped slightly and think some good has come out of it.
    I think it was fate as the hospital I was originally going to is midwife lead so no doctors but because I was so ill I had to change to a different hospital and it's a good job I did as she needed oxygen and 5 rescue breathes when she was born so it was lucky I had her where i did. BUT she is definately going to be an only child!!!!

Your baby girl is absolutely beautiful.

aww she's BEAUTIFUL! I'm sorry you were so sick though.

She is SOOOOO beautiful!!!THat is terrible that you were so ill. Thank God it's over and your little angel is worth it!
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Congrats. Little Scarlett Mae is very adorable! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that though.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Your baby is gorgeous!! Congratulations.

I'm sorry, I can't bring myself to read your birth experience. I'm very afraid of going through this so I'm just trying to stear clear of birthing stories. I know you had a difficult pregnancy though.

Congratulations! That close up pic of her is too stinkin cute!!

I saw your reply on the other thread and figured I'd pop in here to say it again! She is adorable!! You must be so proud!! I'm sorry the labor was difficult, but you made it!! She is here alive and well and you are also!

I have to tell you, I just love, love, love her name!! Congratulations!!

Thank you! I am very proud of her.

Kellybean - I can understand you being scared but I can honestly say I could go through the birth again. The pain wasn't too bad and it was such a relief that the pregnancy was over. It is so worth it.

Congratulations, she is beautiful!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

she is beautiful! congratulations!

Aww, congratulations! She is beautiful! And you were so brave! OMG! Wonderful!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Congratulations, Hale, she's a littleangel! Sorry to hear the whole process was a bit rough for you, but it's over now - and just look at your reward!

I think you're right, she does look like her daddy!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She's beautiful! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ***Elvia***

congratulations! she is so precious!
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Congrats! She's a pretty little thing!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Congratulations Hale on your lovely little lady, she is beautiful. Im so sorry that you had such a rough time leading up to her arrival but as you say it's all worth it, as look what you and hubby have created a gorgeous little girl to cherish!

Trinity x