Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Weather

Does the weather effect your emet?

I have found that when it's a beautiful sunny day, my emet isn't as bad...But dreary cold days like today, it is horrible! Anyone else feel this way?

Yes-also the lack of daylight hours. It makes my general level of anxiety rise.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Weird...I am just the opposite...I HATE sunshine and worship the rain...I also love thenight and loathe the daytime...My Emet is much worse if it's sunny and perfect weather...I like dark, cold, rainy days and nights...

I'm not morbid...swear.

I love the sunshine...my emet is worse during the day if it's rainy out. I am a night person, though, and rain at night doesn't bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kasey

Weird...I am just the opposite...I HATE sunshine and worship the rain...I also love thenight and loathe the daytime...My Emet is much worse if it's sunny and perfect weather...I like dark, cold, rainy days and nights...

I'm not morbid...swear.

You sure?! Haa Haa! COme to Ohio!

Hi. I am the same way. During winter, when it is cold, or gray out, I feel crappy. Sunshine always makes me feel better. Nights aren't so great either!</font>

Quote Originally Posted by mommy2braylynn

I'm not morbid...swear.

The past couple of days in Bham has been P E R F E C T...cold, windy and overcast...

The Don and me are talking about living in London for a year or so...he has family there and lived there for many years...He claims that I will love the weather.

I'm not morbid...swear.

The past couple of days in Bham has been P E R F E C T...cold, windy and overcast...

The Don and me are talking about living in London for a year or so...he has family there and lived there for many years...He claims that I will love the weather.

Oh I am sure you would! It is beautiful there too, despite the weather! ;c)

I'm in Ohio, too. And I feel the same way. I need sunshine. Without it I just feel anxious and unmotivated. Yuk.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I'm the same......I adore spring and summer and despise fall and winter (especially here in Chicago!). My mom always tells me that I wasn't meant to be born here ~ even as a kid I hated playing in the snow. And now that the holidays are over it's even worse. January and February are my least favorite months by far ~ no holidays, nothing going on, and dreary, cold weather. I can't wait until March when there's hope for spring!

Quote Originally Posted by christianne
    I'm the same......I adore spring and summer and despise fall and winter (especially here in Chicago!). My mom always tells me that I wasn't meant to be born here ~ even as a kid I hated playing in the snow. And now that the holidays are over it's even worse. January and February are my least favorite months by far ~ no holidays, nothing going on, and dreary, cold weather. I can't wait until March when there's hope for spring!

I agree!! I hate January and Feb. even thought my birthday is in February, like you said, there isn't much going on and it's so yucky!

Quote Originally Posted by shiva
    I'm in Ohio, too. And I feel the same way. I need sunshine. Without it I just feel anxious and unmotivated. Yuk.

Where in Ohio?

Jan. and Feb. are the toughest. I make sure to go outside every day, cold or not, and get twenty minutes of sunshine. I have heard that helps. But yes, when there is bad weather, I get more nervous, versus sunshine, then I'm less anxious. Makes no sense to me because I've heard that a good snow and frost will kill a lot of viruses going around, and also, almost every time my kids have gotten sick, or my hubby, or me, its been in decent weather. In the spring no less. Last summer too, in July. My very safest, warmest, sunniest month, and both boys v*. I think the sun signifies to me health, and no matter what, it'll probably always be that way. I need to move to Hawaii. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Janna

Quote Originally Posted by jandub
    Jan. and Feb. are the toughest. I make sure to go outside every day, cold or not, and get twenty minutes of sunshine. I have heard that helps. But yes, when there is bad weather, I get more nervous, versus sunshine, then I'm less anxious. Makes no sense to me because I've heard that a good snow and frost will kill a lot of viruses going around, and also, almost every time my kids have gotten sick, or my hubby, or me, its been in decent weather. In the spring no less. Last summer too, in July. My very safest, warmest, sunniest month, and both boys v*. I think the sun signifies to me health, and no matter what, it'll probably always be that way. I need to move to Hawaii. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Janna

I know what you mean, we had a sv* last summer too, I was in shock myself!

I am in the Cleveland area. How about you?
    \"This too shall pass\"

I am in the Cleveland area. How about you?

I am near Medina, do you know where that is?

My anxiety is much higher in the winter months when it is cold. Even if it is sunny, the cold makes me blah.

I absolutely know where Medina is!!! My grandma lives in Wadsworth!
    Today is a beautiful day in Ohio! Are you enjoying the weather?

\"This too shall pass\"

The weather doesn't really seem to have an effect on my anxiety one way or another. However I have always loved sunshine and hated rain for no specific reason.
    *~Ashley~*

If you need someone to talk to, private message me! =)

I absolutely know where Medina is!!! My grandma lives in Wadsworth!
    Today is a beautiful day in Ohio! Are you enjoying the weather?

How cool!!!! I had my baby girl in Wadsworth!! Small world!! Yes, I am loving the weather today!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

This is interesting. I do love sunny days but I HATE hot weather. I feel so n* in humid weather. Iam not one to go toa tropical place. I hate that weather.I also think of summer as more people being out and maybe seeing v* somewhere.I like overcast, chilly days the best. The crisp air helps me.My emet generally rises in Spring and late Summer. I don't know why.
    -Bridgette

Does the weather effect your emet?

I have found that when it's a beautiful sunny day, my emet isn't as
    bad...But dreary cold days like today, it is horrible! Anyone else feel
    this way?

To me the opposite. I feel better when it's cloudy and rainy. It's like
    when it's sunny it feels like the whole world is happy and somehow it
    makes me feel that something's bad going to happen to me, like "The sun
    is shining and I am v*...". Weird, I know.

You only live once

I grew up in Cleveland too, but the cloudy winter days sure got to me. I'd almost take one today - a good winter day. I mean, I love that it's in the 60's in January, but it feels so off! I think it's really getting to me today. In DC, we still haven't had a hard frost, and I saw something on the news this am about needing that frost to kill a lot of insects. I'm not as worried about that, just how weird this weather is making me feel!

Or it's pms. Or Al Gore has me too worried. Or I'm nervous about the wedding I'm going to tomorrow. I sometimes think emets are highly skilled at multi-tasking worry.

*Sigh.

LOL @ Al Gore comment. I'm all worried about global warming now, too.
    \"This too shall pass\"