Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Tired!!

(To the tune of Row, Row, Row your Boat)

It is nearly midnight,

And I'm very tired.

But my son just gave me a fright,

Now sleeping has backfired!

I wish I could stop worrying,

I really need my bed.

But my son keeps coughing,

So now I'll stay awake instead.

I wish I could relax,

Instead of being so soft.

It is not a major problem,

My poor son only coughed.

It really would be great,

To sleep the whole night through.

But as usual I'm up late.

The same as some of you.

Very cute, Sally! Hope you finally did get some sleep!</font>

Sorry about the terrible rhyme. I am trying my hardest to stay calm. It is the fourth night in a row I have been up with my son unwell. The past 2 nights he had a really high temperature and tonight he has started with a croupy cough. He sounds terrible, poor little boy. I have tried sitting with him in a steamy bathroom for 10 minutes but I can hear him coughing again already. I think it is going to be a long night.

So sorry you are having to deal with this. It's so hard when the little ones aren't feeling well. I hope you get some sleep and that he gets to feeling better.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Both my kids had croup and it is very scary. They sound so awful. You know what we found works well also is the cold air. It seemed to work better with my son. Take him outside and sit with a blanket for a while. The vaporizer in the room is good also. Good luck.</font>

I smiled a big smile when I read your little song! It was great!

As for the croup...my kids used to get it every fall and every spring. It is such a scary sound, but it is basically like a cold virus in their vocal chords. It is our version of laryngitis as adults. My pediatrician always suggested the hot, steamy shower for 10-15 minutes, then right away, open a window or take them outside to the cool air, (bundled up of course!) The change in temp would help the swelling in the vocal chords go down. Just be sure to watch him and his breathing. If his chest is retracting while he breathes, it is called stridor and he might benefit from a steroid shot. My son never got to that point, but my daughter did twice.

My kids often would get colds after a couple of nights of the croupy cough. I can remember that I actually loved hearing the croupy cough, because I was failry sure that they wouldn't be v*. I hate seeing my kids not feeling well, but I welcomed coughs over v* anyday!!!

I hope that you can get some rest and so can your little guy. Take care!

Julie

That was cute!!!! Now I know where your daughter gets her adorable literary imagination from [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I'm hope your son feels better hun (((HUGS)))
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Thankyou for your replies.Your advice washelpful and if my son starts coughing again tonight I will try taking him outside in the cool air.My son had a very restless night, but his croupy cough seemed better this morning. He has just gone for a nap and is coughing again, but not as bad as last night. Thankyou once again everyone. I am hoping for a better night tonight.