Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I don't want to take reglan ( metoclopramide ) anymore. it causes me to feel restless. I take benadry with it for my restless legs. I have been taking it nightly almost for about 2 months. I came off 6 days ago, I feel realyl restless and I cannotfeel calm, I am tired feel gross and just that restless feeling will not go away. I am freaking out that this is that disease/symptoms that can become permanent from taking thi smed too much. I would like anyone who has been on this med and felt restless from it to please let me know if those symptoms continued for awhile after? I am also severly depressed and just crawling out of my skin at the same time. I really hope it is withdrawal or something and this isn't permament. HELP!

I too have stopped taking it because of how restless and agitated it made me feel. I can't help much on the symptoms you are experiencing from stopping the meds because I never took it on a daily basis. It was really just for when I felt scared and used it for a safety net. It's not even worth it anymore because it makes me feel so crazy. IfI ever do take it I will take it with my xanax. You may be having a withdraw effect from not taking it but I'm not sure. You should ask your doctor. When I see mine again I'm going to ask about getting another pill.

I take Reglan every day for my acid reflux disease....not really for nausea. I am not having any problems with it now. I did take it a while back and was having ...well....leg jerks. I dont know what to call it. When I layed down to go to sleep, my legs would randomly jerk around. I also would get really shaky. I dont know if that is a side effect of taking it long term or not. So I stopped taking it for about a year and those effects went away. I am on Reglan again now because it really helps my acid reflux. Thankfully I am not having those symptoms anymore. So, if you are trying to get off of it, just give it a little time. Take smaller and smaller doses as time goes on until you are completely off of it. (taper off, dont quit cold turkey). Then I think you will be fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.