Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Everyone, I am asking all but thought Sage and Alvin may have a little better idea on this. I would like to know if all these viruses have been typically the same for many years, or have they grown in strength, like the bacteria that get resistant to antibiotics. Since these are viruses and we don't treat with drugs, have they mostly just been around for years? I think I would feel better if I knew that these viruses come and go and are more prevalent in winter, but are basically the same viruses since we were kids. Do you understand my question? Sorry if it is confusing.</font>

that's a very good question, i think they are stronger because i keep hearing of adults who have never been sick geting this and v* 10+ times, why is that? why are people v* so much with these viruses nowadays??
    ~Sheri~

I was wondering this, too.

Well, I am not sure if they have gotten stronger or anything, but they definitely have changed. Like all viruses, they mutate so our immune system cant protect us. It is like the cold and flu. There are tons of different mutations or variations of the same virus. I think that is why they havent come up with a vaccine for the sv*. I know they have a vaccine for the flu, but they work hard on it since it actually kills people. Doctors/Scientists/Chemists/Whoever have to predict the strains of flu that are expected to hit the world. Then they create the flu vaccine based on what they predict will hit. It takes a lot of work, and they arent right every time. But I sure wish they would TRY to make a vaccine for the SV*. I would be first in line to get it!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would view it more like how the influinza virus mutates. We know the viruses that cause sv* mutate in the same way, thus the reason we do not have permanant immunity.

Are some stronger than others? Maybe but I think of all the bouts of sv* I have had in my life and they all have been about the same in duration and intensity (with or without v*).

I think (just my opinion) there "strength" per se might be more in the way of radip incubation period and the number of particles needed to cause infection.

No two people seem to experience the same illness even though they might have the same symptoms. It has alot to do with each persons immune system.

SUre wish I knew more because I'd love to find a way to stop this bad boy!

This might make you feel better: I've recently read many websites from the U.S. and Canada that say the reason SV* seems to be on the rise is due to increased reporting.

As a student of language I can say this much: words for vomit have been in the human vocabulary for a LOOOOONG time.

Sage, How about you???? </font>

Anyone else with ideas on this topic? I really would like to know the answers. And Sage, where are you????</font>