Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I SURVIVED!

I had the 2 teeth removed today! When I went for the consultation i was under the impression that it would be only tose two event ho he had said he'd like to do those pluse the 3 other wisdom teeth, so today he asked about just doing it al today and I said no. In retrospect I should have but I had only psyched myself up for the 2 however I will know what to expect when I end up getting the others done.

Thank you all so much! it wasn't bad at all! I went in, he talked to me, hooked me up to monitors and then did the IV, don't rememebr anythign really and then I woke up and my Mom took me home, slept a little , took the guaze out, ate, took advil, have been eating and drinking and moving around. So I can't say enought THANK YOU'S to all of you who have helped me, given advice, support, thoughts and prayers!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

aw well done. I'm so glad it went well and that you havent had any problems!! Well done

YEAH!!!!!!! That's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear, Simply!!!! I kept thinking about you today and wondering: "I wonder how it went!!" And when you didn't call me I thought Yay! She did it!!! SOOO glad to hear it went well and that you survived without getting sick!!! We told you so, right??

Good going girlfriend!!!

**High Five to my sistah!**

[img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks! It wasn't bad at all, now my concern is getting dry socket, I'm doing what they tell you "no straws, no smoking" (well the no smoking is definitely not a problem lol) So hopefully. But I do realize how much I worried for nothing and hope to use this experience for other situations too. Thanks again you guys! Your'e the bestest! In rereading my posts made earlier today and all the typing mistakes (more than usual anyhow lol) I am seeing that I still had anesthesia in me lol.
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

LOL!! You feeling a little bit better now?? Eating your grits? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]LOL!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow! That's great. I'm supposed to get my wisdom teeth out also to get these clear braces. Your info about it helped me a great deal! I've been a bit worried, but I feel better knowing it's not as bad as it sounds. Congrats on handling it so well!

\"His message was love.\"
    -Passion of the Christ

[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]way to go!! i get so spooked when i go to the dentist, your braver than me!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Aww thanks guys!

Raspberries, I thinkt he worse part was not really knowing what to expect. I had never had sedation before, not even in pill form like Valium or anything so I wasn't sure about what it feels like going under, during or upon waking up. You'll do fine! If I can do it you can I am the biggest chicken in the world!

Babydoll, alot of the reason I had it done is because my bad tooth was killing me and I was more afraid of the longterm effects of allt he Advil I was taking and the idea of a rotting tooth in my head. If I could have put it off I would have. I'm glad I didn't tho.

Neha, no grits yet, they are a little grainy so I think I wll hold off. Can you see my next post "Help I have grits in my holey gums!" lol
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey Simply!

Glad to hear it went well! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

lol Imake loads of typing mistakes when i'm fuly awake so I woulndt worry too much lol! Well done again!!

way to go, simply!
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Hey,

How are you feeling today? I'll bet the paingoes a waya little bit everyday!! And you are NOT a chicken, Simply!!!! You've proved thatby getting over your fears and going to get those tooth taken out, no matter what!!! That's not the work of a chicken!!! That's a brave tiger!!! GRRR!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Aww, thanks guys! Izzy, i make typos fully awake too just did more that day lol it's a nice excuse right? lol

Neha, I feel better today, it is more of a sore hurt than a pain hurt, even yesterday. It's like after the novacain shot feeling where your jaw is kinda tight? Either way it's better than it was before that stupid tooth HURT so much worse!

Thanks again for allt he support guys! I can't say it enough!
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey girl! That's great![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I still haven't had the nerve to get my wisdom teeth out yet so it's good to hear it wasn't so bad!

xoxoxoxoxooxox

Misha
    Everyday is so wonderful, then suddenly...it\'s hard to breathe. Now and then I get insecure, from all the pain, I\'m so ashamed. I am beautiful, no matter what they say. Words won\'t bring me down.

Ack! Misha has my avatar! Darn, guess I'll have to change it....[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm so happy everything went all right for you! It gives me confidence when I get my choppers yanked. You go girl!

Thanks Misha and Heather! you guys will do absolutely fine when you get yours done!
    Benjamin Franklin

I am sooooo happy to hear that everything went well for you!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] That makes my day!!!!!! Just what are 'dry sockets'?? I have heard of them so many times and never understood. They sound icky....

I am so glad to hear that it went well for you. I hate gong to the dentist but I went through the surgury better than I thought as well. Made it a bit easier to go to the dentist for a regular check up. As long as I don't need X-rays Ugh.

WAY TO GO[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Jo, dry socket has something to do w/ the blood clot that forms and if it is disturbed it causes big time pain from what I understand. Nothing I'm interested in lol.

Melikasa, I HATE xays too! I now ask if I can do them myself and they have let me, it's much better and easier that way!
    Benjamin Franklin

X-rays are the worst!! I always bite the dental hygenist's fingers when she puts her hands in my mouth for an X-ray! LOL!! It's non-intentional, I promise!!! I just get so nervous, I don't know what to do!! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]The good thing is that I haven't had to have an X-ray in a while! I shouldn't speak though! Knowing my luck, next time I'll have to have one! LOL! But I will ask if I can do it myself! That's got to be 1000 times better than someone else!! That kind of reminds me of the tongue depressor test at the doctor...I have only said "AHHH" twice in my lifetime. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I refuse to do it!! Even to this day! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!