Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, so I had the sv* over the weekend...d*, v* fever, chills, and body aches too...it seems to be going around at my work...can I get it again??? Do I need to be extra extra careful! I am afraid to go to work but I have to!!! I can't get it again, can I?
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I am pretty sure, once you get a virus, you can not get the same strain again. You develop immunity to that particular virus, so you can not get the same one again. That's the good news!! But the bad news is, there are so many strains out there. I got 3 colds this year in a 2 month span. Never the same one, cause I had different symptoms with each of them. But I think, if its the same symptoms you had, then try not to worry. Just take the proper precautions.

No, you can't get it again, you already had it. I know they say there are different strains of cold, and the sv, but the cold has so many more different strains and is more common. I am sure the strain going around is just what you had. I have never heard of anybody having an sv and getting again, even within months of each one. However, I have heard of people getting a cold, then another within 2 weeks. That has happened in my family.

Although, just as others say, keep taking the proper precautions and you will be fine.

Last year my dtr had sv* and v*ed every thirty minutes for 12 hours until she got a shot to stop it. Two and a half weeks later she was ill again but not to the extent of the first~only v*ing for a few hours once in a while. I'm pretty sure what is "going around" your work is what you had and therfore would not worry about catching that strain.

I seriously doubt it. A few years ago I had the sv* first, then my mom got it, then my sister got it, then my dad got it, and I never got it again. I'm sure you'll be fine. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

not from the same strain that is going around your office.

I agree, I think you'll be fine.