Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Explain this...

So my cousin's child was sick v*the week before christmas, then on christmas eve my cousin and her other child were sick v*. 5 days later, my cousin's husband was sick v*. how did this sv* stay in the house for almost 2 weeks??

The worst part is that i was with my cousin on christmas eve and her children.

Do we believe the fact that a person isn't contagious until the v* begins?

Maybe theirhand washing isn't that great. It can be in their poop for up to 2 weeks and sometimes kids don't wash their hands to great. As for you I would say you are totally in the clear.

I think given that a person is still contagious for up to 3 days after their symptoms stop combined with the virus having the ability to live on hard surfaces for 12 (some say up to 72) hours, it seems likely it COULD have taken that long to go through the house... unfortunately. Keep up with your handwashing, not touching face, etc. and you should be fine. Good luck!

when is this going to end? i have an appt with my family doctor tomorrow to try to get an antiemetic? Any suggestions on which one?

I use phenegran and it works great. It makes you pretty drowsy though.

do you use it for nausea and v*? I bought Bonine at the grocery store. Haven't used it yet. What should i tell the doctor to get the antiemetic?

I just told the dr. I suffer from IBS and I get n* and asked if he could prescribe something for it. He did it no problem and now refills it with no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by adunlavey
    do you use it for nausea and v*? I bought Bonine at the grocery store. Haven't used it yet. What should i tell the doctor to get the antiemetic?

Tell him exactly why you want it. If he says no, then so be it. Don't try to lie to think of a "valid" reason.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

It could be that the one who picked it up a week later has picked it up from elsewhere, it doesn't mean it's from the same place just because someone else in the house was sick that week.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

i know, but it just didn't make sense to me and i always make a mountain out of a mole hill... Can any of you control your v* if others are ill?

I get n* alot and think I have suffered through sv's without v*. And, yes, I am able to control it. However, I think that just makes you suffer all the longer through it.

My doctor prescribed Promethazine for me. He thinks I get n* because of my IBS. I think I probably do, but I thinkit is also badbecause this fear. It works great, but makes you pretty tired.

I never tried bonine...but Original Dramamine does well for me. I cant even tell you the last time i had a phenergren

Just tell your Dr that you have been around alot of people with an sv....and that you would like to have some on hand "just in case" tell him in case it is in the evening or the weekend and you cant get a RX called in.

they will usually perscribe about 6.

My Doc knows about my emet.

He told me anytime i needed something to let him know and he would get it called in ASAP...ir come in for a injection.

Be honest with your Dr. My GYN is NOT sympethitic at all....he says it is something you "just have to deal with" Luckly my family doc understood me