Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

For those who have gotten the prescription anti-emetics---how did you do it? How did you explain your need for them to the doctor?

I know this is not the healthiest approach, but I need something to ease my mind, until my anxiety meds start kicking in again. I can't function without feeling like I need Dramamine. I have seriously never been this bad--not even when my panic attacks first started.

Until the therapy and meds start working, I need SOMETHING.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SO sorry you are feeling this way. I undersand how bad/debilitating this stupid phobia can be. I just told my doctor that I get n* frequently and because of this phobia, it makes me have a full blown panic attack as a result. He didn't hesitate at all in prescribing the anti-emetic. He said there's no reason to be panicky when it can be avoided.

Best of luck to you. Hang in there... it WILL get better.

Hi, I do not know what Phenergran is or if the meds I take is something like that. I take Promethazine (25 mg) when I get bad. I know it is an antiemetic.

I went in to the dr. to say I had a lot of nausea due to my IBS and he prescribed an anti-nausea medicine for me. I don't remember what it was called, but it was only 5 mg.I could always get them refilled as needed. I called him about 2 months ago to tell him they weren't working and that is when he presribed what I am taking now. I never had to go see him he just called it in to the pharmacy for me.

Just tell your Dr that you have been around alot of people with an sv....and that you would like to have some on hand "just in case" tell him in case it is in the evening or the weekend and you cant get a RX called in.

they will usually perscribe about 6.

My Doc knows about my emet.

He told me anytime i needed something to let him know and he would get it called in ASAP...ir come in for a injection.

Be honest with your Dr. My GYN is NOT sympethitic at all....he says it is something you "just have to deal with" Luckly my family doc understood me

Be careful when taking Phenegran, it makes you really drowsy.[img]smileys/smilies_35.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by susie_q

Hi, I do not know what Phenergran is or if the meds I take is something like that. I take Promethazine (25 mg) when I get bad. I know it is an antiemetic.

I went in to the dr. to say I had a lot of nausea due to my IBS and he prescribed an anti-nausea medicine for me. I don't remember what it was called, but it was only 5 mg.I could always get them refilled as needed. I called him about 2 months ago to tell him they weren't working and that is when he presribed what I am taking now. I never had to go see him he just called it in to the pharmacy for me.

I believe that promethazine is just the generic version of phenagren.

i know this because im on the same thing.
    Danielle =)

I just come right out with it and tell my Dr.s " I have severe emetophobia and I need to have an anti-emetic on hand at all times even though I don't take them unless an sv* hits". I get each winter Compazine. I've never had to take it (so far) I hope it works[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img].
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Wow I am SO going to get a prescription from the doctor!!!

Thanks for the advice I think I'll do that too!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

My family doc knows about my phobia and will call some Phenergan in for me. She knows that it makes me feel more secure, so to speak, to have some on hand ....... just in case. I usually keep the 25 mg on hand for myself, and the 12.5 mg for the children.

If you have a family doc that you like and trust, jsutn be honest with them and tell him/her about your phobia, and tell them it would make you feel better to have some on hand.

I'm definitely gonna email my primary caredoc about this stuff. One time I was very n* from some bad cold, and this otherdoctor was hesitant to give me an anti-n* med because she said it might give me side effects that might make me feel worse. I hated that and wonder what she meant. I was confused thinking what side effect can be worse than n* and v* if that is what it prevents???

-Bridgette

Yes be careful when you take this stuff. My husband picked up my prescription and said the pharmacist told him to tell me not to drive. Well, I took a whole pill before I left for work, then all of a sudden, it hit me as I was driving. I was very tired and felt like I had been drinking. Now I take just 1/2 a pillonly when I really need it,and that still knocks me on my butt for the entire day. But to not be n*, it is definitely worth it!!!

i just went to the doctor this morning and i told him that i was nauseous everyday due to my fear of being sick and he said okay, i will give you Phenergan because it's the least dowzy of all the anti-emetics...so we'll see how that goes...
    Everything happens for a reason...