Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Question...

Well I'm new here, I've been a lurker for a while and finally decided to join. I've had emetophobia for as long as I can remember and I have a question.

So yesterday I was sitting in class, (I'm inhigh school),front row as usual, when my teacher decided to tell us about her holiday break. "I had this horrible sv* that lasted all week long and I still feel sick!" [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]I almost cried I was so scared, I wanted to run out but I knew I couldn't.

I know that sv* is usually transmitted fecal/oral, but is it possible I could get it? I am soooo scared!!!!!! I would just DIE is I v* for a whole week!!! HELP!!!!!!!Edited by: mynameisashley

No. Just keep washing your hands, you'll be fine.

And chances are, she wasn't *v all week. People w/out emet tend to blow things out of proportion, not realizing how bad it freaks us out.

Don't worry, it will just make your tummy hurt.

Thanks. You're probably right. I hate this phobia,.anyone else wouldn't have even given it a second thought! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    *~Ashley~*

If you need someone to talk to, private message me! =)

I am sure you will be fine. She is probably not contagious anymore. Keep taking the necessary precautions and you'll be okay.

Oh, and welcome to the site, I think you will find it helpful.

I am sure you are fine, just use sanitizers and keep hand washing!

One thing about emets, we all think the same way. I would rather cut off my arm then v*[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

sometimes i think that i can handle it if i'm sick and only need to v* once, but my biggest fear is v*ing constantly like that.... my doctor told me that with an sv* you usually only v* once and repeated v*ing is caused by eating or drinking too soon or too heavily.... most likely your teacher exagerrated this story or was eating and drinking things she shouldn't have been!!

Quote Originally Posted by prncesspnk

sometimes i think that i can handle it if i'm sick and only need to v* once, but my biggest fear is v*ing constantly like that.... my doctor told me that with an sv* you usually only v* once and repeated v*ing is caused by eating or drinking too soon or too heavily.... most likely your teacher exagerrated this story or was eating and drinking things she shouldn't have been!!

Thanks. Yeah I totally agree! Sometimes I don't think the right name for what I have is emetophobia - I think "v*ing multiple times phobia" sounds more like it. Haha.
    *~Ashley~*

If you need someone to talk to, private message me! =)