Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

***sort of WOMANLY graphic***

Hi everyone,

Gosh, it seems to always be SOMETHING going on in my life! some good, but more bad lately, due to crappy people! Speaking of which--my stinky, rude stepson has left!!! YAY!!!!!

Ok, now that that's out of the way, I need to ask my friends here for some prayers, as I am terrified! A few months ago, I had a complete medical exam and blood tests, indicating that I was healthy. I had all this done at my GYN's office, as my emet keeps me out of a general practitioner's dr.. office! So, I had a breast exam as well. My dr. noticed that when I lift my arms up, my right nipple had some puckering/dimpling. Dr. asked how long I've had that, and I have no idea as I have never noticed it before! I had a cyst in my right brest before, years ago and that was taken care of, and in 1996 I had a lump in my left one, which turned out to be fibrocystic tissue. Well, now, years later, I have this problem. He told me to keep an eye on it, and now I am really terrified of it. In nursing school, we just went over breast cancer briefly, so I don't know a whole lot about it. The internet makes it sound like lumps more often than not are benign, but that the problem I have is a sign of malignancy! I am scared, and cry off and on. In addition to my hubby neing an ass, I am just really upset and could really use your prayers. I believe in the power of prayer and would really appreciate it

I'm having a mammogram on Thursday morning and will get the results by phone on Monday, January 8th. Guys, I really don't know what to do, what to think. If it's cancer, I'm afraid I won't be able to handle hearing the news!! I am mre scared for my daughter than myself---she cannot live without me
    ~*~Charlene~*~

so in the worse case scenario.. you have breast cancer. but it looks like if you do, you caught it early and the survival rates on breast cancer caught early are very good. plus, there is so much technology out there, that your rates of survival skyrocket. there is breast cancer all in my family and i am sure to get checked whenever i can. but the thing you dont want to do is give up. you say that your daughter couldnt live without you, but if you have the attitude that you wont make it, well it wont make things any easier on you or your family. since you have had boob troubles before and it was nothing serious, im sure its just making a comeback. i am sure you will be fine.. regardless, you are in my prayers!
    Danielle =)

Big Hugs to you. Remember most times it turns out to be nothing! Just try to stay positive and strong. Especially for your daughter. I am here if you ever need to talk!! ~Brandi~

Thank you!!!! I am so scared!

It's weird, because no one in my family has ever had it, and I don't fall into even ONE of the risk areas (age, period onset, birth of first child, etc) I hope beyond hope that I don't have it or if I do, it is very early and I will survive. OMG!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hey caligirl, i think you will be fine. I had a scare like that last year. I never check my breasts but one day I decided to in the shower and felt a lump. I went to my doctor and she checked me.She felt a pea sized lump and I had some dimpling also. I was terrified. After ultrasounds, mammogram and a biopsy, it was a benign tumor. It was scary and you feel so alive after. There is no history of breast cancer in my family either.I think you will be fine! You are in my prayers!!
    -Bridgette

Quote Originally Posted by ginger_saves
    Hey caligirl, i think you will be fine. I had a scare like that last year. I never check my breasts but one day I decided to in the shower and felt a lump. I went to my doctor and she checked me.She felt a pea sized lump and I had some dimpling also. I was terrified. After ultrasounds, mammogram and a biopsy, it was a benign tumor. It was scary and you feel so alive after. There is no history of breast cancer in my family either.I think you will be fine! You are in my prayers!!

OMG---you just gave me hope!!!! So you had the dimpling also? That is what's so scary! They look completely normal, until I lift my arms over my head--but I don't feel a lump, it just feels "lumpy" in there. Really weird! Did you have to have the tumor removed? Is the dimpling still there?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Its really scary when you look up things on the internet. Try not to do that...There are so many different scenarios and 9 times out of 10 you can put yourself in one of those scenarios. You will be diagnosing yourself with everything.

I am sure you are just fine. I know its hardnot to worry though.

You are in my prayers sweetie and update us when you get the results.

((((BIGHUGS))))

Edited by: madisonsmom

Cali , im so sorry about your situation. Im the biggest worrry wort on the planet and i found a lump in my chest this past summer ( im 19) i was convinced that i had breast cancer or some life threatning disease , i always think of the worst possible case. the doc just lauphed at me while she gave me a breast exam and told me its normal to have bumps in your chest especially around that time of the month., i share my story because i know what it feels like to be in your position.Ginger_saves should sound very encouraging to you right now because it sound like the EXACt same thing happened to her, I will be praying for you and you'll be in my thoughts , i hope everything is okay , you'll make it by God and power anything is possible. *hugs*

Hi Charlene,

You will be in my prayers tonight!

I used to worry about breast lumps from the time I found out there was such a thing as breast cancer. Even as a teenager, I was paranoid about it, and checked my breasts for lumps frequently. I always felt things that I swore were lumps, but now I find that are simply lumpy breast tissue caused by my menstrual cycle.

In 2002, my younger sister had a real breast lump. It turned out to not be cancerous--thank God--but she had it surgically removed. Before that, however, she actually let me feel it, so I knew whata real lump felt like. Since then, I have not worried too much about lumpy breast tissue.

I think cancerous lumps are pretty rare, considering all the women who have had a lump in their breasts. Most tumors are benign. If you've had a benign lump before, your risk goes up for having another one. But again, it will probably be benign (if that's what it is anyway.)

Also, my ex-stepmother had tumors in her uterus on two separate occasions. She had to have them surgically removed both times. Neither turned out to be cancerous. My dad had a brain tumor removed that was not cancerous. So, three of my family members had non-cancerous tumors. Hope that helps a little. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I will say a prayer for you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You guys are all so great----Thank you!!! Your kind and encouraging words mean alot right now.

It's gonna be a long week!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

(((Hugs))) Charlene! I know it is scary, but try not to worry. Boobs can have all kinds of wierd things happen with them, and most are nothing bad. I get hormonally caused lumpy-ness sometimes, and have had it checked out, so I know it is really frightening. You are doing everything right in getting checked out and following up on this, and I will pray that it is nothing. Whatever happens, you are a strong woman, and can get through it!

Quote Originally Posted by californiagirl

OMG---you just gave me hope!!!! So you had the dimpling also? That is what's so scary! They look completely normal, until I lift my arms over my head--but I don't feel a lump, it just feels "lumpy" in there. Really weird! Did you have to have the tumor removed? Is the dimpling still there?</font>
    Hi charlene! No, I didn't have to have it removed, although they gave me the option
    but my emet freaks out about v* or something after any type of surgical procedure, so I decided not to. The doctor said it would be unnecessary anyway, but if I wanted the peace of mind of not feeling it there, I can do it whenever. I still have a weird dimply look and even my areola (sp?) is weird on the right breast ( where the tumor was). Do lumpy breasts run in your family? They do in mine! You will be fine!! [img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]

-Bridgette

I am so very sorry sweetie, I am praying for you! ((HUGS))

Oh, Charlene, I am so sorry. I can't even imagine what you are going through, but you gotta try not to think aobut it, until you know for sure!! I will be thinking about you!!

Argh I know how scary that can be, did they find a lump or is it just the "dimpling" that points to a potential problem? I think most lumps are either normal or are a fibrocystic thing (I had to get one of these removed), or just a benign thing. I know its so scary tho, but most times its a-ok. I will keep you in my thoughts and pray for you too.

Edited by: Galadriel

Charlene, I'm sorry to hear about this. You will be in my prayers. Whatever the outcome, we are all here for you.

{HUGS}

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry to hear you are having such a worrying time. Hopefully it will not be anything. I will say a prayer for you. I'm thinking of you and really hope everything goes well.

OMG---you just gave me hope!!!! So you had the dimpling also? That is what's so scary! They look completely normal, until I lift my arms over my head--but I don't feel a lump, it just feels "lumpy" in there. Really weird! Did you have to have the tumor removed? Is the dimpling still there?

Hi charlene! No, I didn't have to have it removed, although they gave me the option
    but my emet freaks out about v* or something after any type of surgical procedure, so I decided not to. The doctor said it would be unnecessary anyway, but if I wanted the peace of mind of not feeling it there, I can do it whenever. I still have a weird dimply look and even my areola (sp?) is weird on the right breast ( where the tumor was). Do lumpy breasts run in your family? They do in mine! You will be fine!! [img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]

Yes, fibrocystic breasts do run in my family, but no breast (or any other cancer) at all, so hopefully I fall into a favorable category. Thank you Bridgette, you reaally helped calm my nerves
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel
    Argh I know how scary that can be, did they find a lump or is it just the "dimpling" that points to a potential problem? I think most lumps are either normal or are a fibrocystic thing (I had to get one of these removed), or just a benign thing. I know its so scary tho, but most times its a-ok. I will keep you in my thoughts and pray for you too.

Well, the dr. said it felt" OK, no lump, but the dimpling concerned him. I get my mammogram tomorrow--**fingers crossed**
    ~*~Charlene~*~

EVERYONE~~~

Thank you all!!!!! Love you guys
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Aww I'm really sorry to hear that I hope everything goes ok for you- I'll keep you in my prayers hun!

Good luck with your test today!

((((HUGS CHARLENE))))
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Charlene, how did everything go?
    -Bridgette

Well, I went and had the mammogram done. They took xrays of both breasts, about 3 or 4 pics each, different angles. They also got pics of the lymph nodes under my arms, which I think is a great idea. Now we can be completely sure one way or another. It was a little uncomfprtable, but 15 minutes of uncomfortable-ness is worth it!

I am stilll extremely nervous!I will find out next week, but they said probably not as early as Monday.

I thank you all soooooo much and will let you know as soon as I hear something
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Well, I went and had the mammogram done. They took xrays of both breasts, about 3 or 4 pics each, different angles. They also got pics of the lymph nodes under my arms, which I think is a great idea. Now we can be completely sure one way or another. It was a little uncomfprtable, but 15 minutes of uncomfortable-ness is worth it!

I am stilll extremely nervous!I will find out next week, but they said probably not as early as Monday.

I thank you all soooooo much and will let you know as soon as I hear something

I am thinking of you sweetie, I know the waiting is the worst part! *HUGS*

I will say a prayer for you Charlene![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] I know you'll be just fine! Janna

UPDATE:

Hi guys!!!!! I want to thank you all again for the support you gave me on this issue

Well, I called the dr. for the mammo results and I got the dreaded "The dr. wants to see you and takk to you about the results....." At this point I was terrified!! The nurse assured me that he just wanted to go over things with me but I had nothing to worry about.

I went a week or so ago, and he said that everything looked ok, and that my lymph nodes are fine. BUT, being that I have the "dimpling" issue, he wants me to have an ultrasound, which I will do on Feb. 6th. He then said that if I need to go a step further (biopsy), he will refer me to a great surgeon to perform it. That scared me. He saw the terror in my eyes, and gave me a hug. He said that I will be fine. So, that's where i'm at now. i will keep you all posted, and again thank you all!!!!!!Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

That is great news!

Hopefully nothing else is wrong, but I will also pray for you. Good luck with everything. =)