Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Go figure!

You know sometimes I think I should just give up!

Today I started a new job. I sit in a tiny cube room with three other people. One who is out with sv*, the other just getting over it and one who came down with it today.

You think I'd be in full panic mode right? Well I'm not. I'm just fed up and have come to the realization that I can not out run this sucker! God bless my immune system and keep me safe but it looks like I am on a head on collision with this stuff eventually![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I think my "Give-a-d@amn" finally broke![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

I know what you mean. Everywhere I turn around somebody I know comes down with it, or I overhear people talking at the store or anyplace I go. It is here and no matter how much we worry about it, it is not going anywhere.

I wish my "Give-a-d@mn" could break too. I can't stop obsessing about it.

I hear you John! My supervisor came down with it on Christmas eve and she had to call one of my other co-workers (she lives by herself) b/c she couldn't stop v*. She was still sick over this past weekend and is coming back to work tomorrow! 7 days?!?! That's awful - I am freaking out! Just make sure you get enough sleep, take your vitamins and wash your hands!

Keep following the hygiene practices and you should be good. The others who have been ill probably don't follow "the rules".

I totally hear you John. I feel the same way, I'm just fed up with this obsession. I think you will be ok if you have kept your hands clean...but you know, it's just one of those things, and I don't blame you for your frustration. How can we really avoid germs and viruses in this life? And honestly, is it really that bad? Why is this such a big deal for us? I really wish it wasn't. Sometimes I just get so angry about this phobia, and at myself for succumbing to the obsession.

John, maybe you need to just give in? Just decide "If I get it, so what?" I know, much, much easier said than done. One year in the town where I live it was SO bad it was all over the news and everything, and I was at the store and I just freaked out and couldn't take it anymore, so you know what I did? You're gonna hate this: I couldn't take it anymore so after I paid for my groceries, before cleaning my hands or anything, I licked my hands. Sick, huh? I was just so tired of freaking out. I can't believe I just admitted that.

But you know what, I STILL didn't get it! I'm not suggesting you do that, of course, but maybe just give in mentally, you know? I don't know. I feel for you John, I really do. I've got to go back to a germy Junior High School tomorrow.

John, I thought you were all ready to lick poker chips anyways. [img]smileys/smilies_32.gif[/img]

Yeah my give a d@mn is breaking too only because it's so widespread this year I have come to accept that my number, like the number of a few other emets here, might finally be up this season. It's more of a tired, finally giivng in type thing for us I think. Hell no we don't want to v*, but running can tire us out.

mine is busting too.....we are all in this together!

I have my own office....BUT i still have to hear it around me. I

still lysol my desk every day and use my clorox wipes on it too.