Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I work at an arcade, giving out quarters to kids and being around kids all day. Im usually perfect about washing my hands whenever I'm about to eat or touch my face because of my job, especially during flu season. Usually i wash my hands after each shift, but I think I forgot today.. and I only realized that AFTER I ATE A BUNCH OF CHIPS WITH MY BARE HANDS. I am FREAKING. I haven't heard of any SVs in my area but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Im so scared. The next two days are going to be hell. What do you guys think? Ahhhh my goodness....

Iam sureyou will be fine. I have forgotten to wash my hands before eating several times recently.A couple of times it was after going to the grocery store touching one of those nasty carts. I freak out about it for the day, but kind of forget about it the next day. I have been fine every time.

yeah same here. I don't think you need to put yourself through the freakout.

Well, I think even if you are exposed to a SV that doesn't mean you will contract it. After working in a school for four years I've not caught anything and I've made mistakes at times.

Get this: the door that leads to the nurse's office is a door I have to go through to get to the cafeteria to eat lunch. How is that for close calls? And still nothing yet.