Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi.
    How long norovirus lasts ? 24 hour or more or less ?

I posted in private forum yesterday because I'm sure I catch it.

24-48 hours is what I've heard to be the standard time.

But 24-48 hours with all the symptoms or it's more severe the first hours then subsides ?

Based on my experience and other stories I've heard the most severe phase lasts about 8 hours in the worst case scenario with constant v*. Then after that the symptoms subside and are usually gone within a day or two.

Here is some information from the Centers For Disease Control in the U.S.:

The symptoms of norovirus illness usually include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and some stomach cramping. Sometimes people additionally have a low-grade fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, and a general sense of tiredness. The illness often begins suddenly, and the infected person may feel very sick. In most people the illness is self-limiting with symptoms lasting for about 1 or 2 days.

Here is the link to that website for you:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/...rovirus-qa.htm

I hope this helps! I really think you are past the worst of it if you've been feeling unwell for several days. Keep drinking fluids and maybe try to eat a little something like the BRAT diet:

Bannanas
    Applesauce
    Rice
    Toast
    Also, during recovery you might try ginger tea or ginger capsules which can be a mild way to prevent nausea as you start to eat again.

Not eating may actually make you feel worse and might even slow your healing. Best of luck to you and feel better fast!

My kids were v* for less than 24 hours, but 2 out of 3 kids had d* for 7 days

Some ppl are immune to noroviruses. Especially if they grew up in developing countries.

Well, I had some type of stomach virus on Christmas. I v* five times in three hours, and then that part stopped. I had chills and d*, and the following day, I had a fever and body aches. The d* lasted a couple more days afterward. I was feeling 100% better after 3-4 days, when the weakness went away and I was able to eat more normally.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HDogg....sounds exactly what my family had on xmas eve and the rest of the week. one by one, everyone got it...well almost everyone [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]