Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've been writing to different cleaning product companies to see if anything sold in stores kills Norwalk. Last week it was confirmed that Lystol doesn't. Today I wrote to Clorox about Clorox Clean-Up with Bleach, and here is what they said:

Thank you for contacting us about Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner W/ Bleach Spray. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers. We do apologize, we do not have any products including this one that has been tested and approved to kill the Norwalk virus. I apologize, that I am unable to better assist you.

Well that stinks! But it does always seem to work. And the letter did say that it has not been tested on it. So I would still use it cause it does contain bleach and bleach kills norwalk!

Long live Clorox I say[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Well...that's nice that they responded!
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Does anyone know how to "kill" the virus out of carpet since you can't use bleach obviously?

Probably with a steam cleaner. We have all wood floors in my house so I am not sure but that is one of the reasons I went with wood floors (I like them too) pretty sad isn't it.

Maybe Clorox didn't contain enough bleach to kill it ?
    I think it's ok to use bleach diluite in water.

ugh, yeah all of our bedrooms have carpet. I wasn't thinking with my emet mind when we had it installed.

I hate to admit, that I have actually sprayed Clorox Clean-up on my carpet.[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]I dont recommend anyone else doing that, and "IF" you do, please dont blame me if it ruins your carpet.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]It didnt do any damage to mine. Go figure.

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

I bet some amonia will kill that mu*#!@%^&*^%(!!!

I find it hard to believe that a product with bleach would not kill noroviruses. Every source I've found says it does. Plus, bleach is just basically very nasty stuff.

I think perhaps the keyword that we're missing there is "that has been tested and approved</span> to kill the Norwalk virus"

I think maybe the case here is that they haven't specifically done reserach which proves that their products kill noroviruses, so, for legal reasons, they can't tell you that it will since they don't know that for 100% certain. That may seem extreme but you know that companies will go to great lengths to avoid law suits. For example if a cruise line used their products to clean with, and still had a norwalk outbreak they might be able to to sue the company which made the product saying it was inadequate. Now if the company has done research which apporves their product to kill norwalk then they're in the clear because they can prove that it was the curise line's fault for improper use or whatever. However, if there hasn't been any official approval then they can't prove that their product isn't to blame for the outbreak.

You see what I'm saying? I obviously don't know if that's truly the case, but it seems logical to me.

Edited by: chicajojobe

I actually wrote back to the company, stating that if bleach kills Norwalk, and their product contains bleach, then why wouldn't it work? Hopefully it is just a matter of them not having done testing for this.

Let us know what you find out!!

I bet a blow torch would kill Norwalk - [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Nichole

chicajojobe I agree, they can't write back and confirm that it will kill Norwalk even after the 2nd letter you sent because they haven't tested it that way. But it contains bleach and we know that bleach does kill Norwalk. The only rea\son they are saying they don't know is because they haven't tested it and that would be making false claims if they said it did.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.