Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’m a newbie

Hi,

My name is Emma and have been an emetophobe since the age of 10..I am now 33.I wasn't sure where to post this topic. I am here for support and to be supportive! I am looking forward to getting to know you all! bye for now!

Hi Emma.

I love you name! I hope you find support here! We are all pretty supportive people, and if you are then you will fit right in Glad you joined us, welcome!
    Carolee

Beautiful name Emma[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] We are glad to have you here as I am new myself only about a few weeks or so. Everyone on here is great, very easy to talk to as we all suffer from the same frickken thing dang it[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]Looking forward to your posts[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Welcome!!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I really appreciate it![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

hi emma

i am rebecca...age 33 and mine started at about 10 as well.

I am a married momma of 2 from oklahoma

pm me or email me anytime

Hi Emma,

Welcome to the site. I hope you find it helpful. I am 40 and have had emet. since about age 8. Let me know if you need anything.

Sue

Hey Emma! Great name! I'm 36 and my emet started at age 5. I too live in Oklahoma.

Hi Emma. I am Bridgette, 30 and live in Boston. I have beenan emet since I was 7.

WELCOME!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    -Bridgette

Hi!! My name is Brandi I am 32 and I live in California. I am a stay at home mom with 2 children. I have been an emet since as far back as I can remember. Welcome!!

Hey Emma! That's my best friend's name :] ....My name is Amelia, I'm new here too, just joined last week. I've been an emetophobe since 1st grade and I'm now 18. Welcome!

Thanks guys. I am so glad to have found an awesome group of people![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hi, My name is Melissa and I'm 27 yrs old. I guess I've been dealing with emetophobia for a long time, but I think I'm just coming to terms with it now. Just looking forward to meeting some people who understand what I'm going through and would love to lend some encouraging words along the way. Thanx, mel.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I've recently come to terms with it and although it's even scary to read some of the posts on here...I think it's given me motivation to overcome it. Welcome!

Welcome! I'm Madison. I hope you will enjoy yourself here. Feel free to PM me anytime! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Hi melissa,

I'm Emma,

You'll find a lot of support here! Welcome!

Hello everyone, thank u 4 your replys. i feel the support already.I've beena little anxious the last couple of days andI think it's about time to start speaking on what I feel.[img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]

welcome emma! This is a great place to go when you need encouragement bc we all do our best to help each other out! im glad you joined us! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi my name is Amy,

I am new here as well. I feel so relieved to have found this site. I didnt know that Emetophobia was real until tonight. What I do know is that I have had it sinceI have been arund 6 and I am 30 now. I am having a horrible night and for the first time, decided to look fear of vomiting up on the internet. I feel so hopeless right now. I am the mother of 5 beautiful little boys, ages 8,7,5,3 and 2. Three of my children are in school. I am having such a hard time dealing with this Winter. I am terrified of the Norovirus and SV*. I cant live a normal life! Two weeks ago, I went to pick my 5 year old up from school (he only goes half days) and three children were v in the office! I thought I would die!! I tookmy boysout of school for the following seven days leading up to having Winter break. I never told my husband that I took them out and I told them no to tell him that I took them out! What kind of mother would do that? I cant live like this. I cant touch my kids on weekdays, I make them take a shower as soon as they get off the bus, I wash my hands until they bleed. I cant go anywhere because I am too afraid of catching a sv*!! The nights are so scary because every little noise I hear, I think is one of the kids v. I am so depressed. I just want Winter to be over and the kids to be out of school. I am scared anytime anyone comes over. I am scared to touch public places. I even take my own pen into the school to sign my kids out! It feel so good to talk about this with people I know understand how I feel! I am so greatful to have found this site and to know I am not alone. I have so many feelings to express but I already feel like i am overwhelming you all and this is only my first post!

Hi Amy,

I am Sue and completely understand how you are feeling because I feel the same way. When kids were sick in my daughter's daycare, I would remove her for a few days, even if it meant me taking time off work. My daughter is 9 and I hate the fact that kids are sick all around her at school.

But, you are not alone and we understand. Please feel free to post here if you are having a hard time, as there is a great support system here. Does your husband know about your fear and how bad it is?

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the forum. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Iknow how you feel about your fear, you'll find understanding and caring pople on this site. We're all here for you!

Hi Sue,

Thank you so much for responding so quickly! It just feels so hopeless, like their is no way out, no relief from this. Viruses are everywhere - especially this time of year. I dont know if I can go on like this. I am tired of trying to prevent getting sick! I want to be happy and thankful for what I have! Instead I spend every moment of my life afraid of v!!

My husband knows but he doesnt understand. He is so lucky because he is so care free about everything! It isnt fair!

Hi all....to all the newbies welcome! I am Crystal, I am 29, live in Alberta, have one son who is almost 6, and another on the way!!

X-Mas break is over here, and I am terrified that my son goes back to school on Monday. He only goes 2-3 times a week (depending on the week), and he was sick (not the v* kind) for over a week before school was off for holdiday's. So, I haven't had to deal with the school thing for almost a month. I'm freaking out about it, and I do wish I could keep him home with me. I am always asking him if someone was sick in his class, or how many kids were missing that day. Damn this Norwalk, and damn this emet! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I have been so depressed since my kids went back to school Monday. I know how you feel Crystal. I ask my boys the same questions as you when they get home from school. They will say someonw threw up in the hall or something and I immediately feel sick and start treating them like they are sick too. I am even scared to touch their bags, work and coats after being in school. I have to wash my hand so many times. And i feel so bad because i hardly care what is on the school papers, just avoiding the germs that are on them!

I understand totally. My dtr goes back to school on Monday and I am pre-panic. It was nice beingable to relaxfor the past 3 weeks! I drill her everyday regarding who was absent, what happened, etc. It is awful and I hate it so much I could cry!!

hi everyone, i totally understand what u guys r going through. I don't have any children, but i know how u feel. If i so much as hear those dreadful words (sv*) at work, i totally freak out and disinfect my cubicle everyday!! i hate this time of year with everyone sick and all. and everyone who has children talks about "oh my son/daughter was v* all weekend" I'm like OH NO!! STAY HOME, WHY R U HERE?Of course i don't say that, i just make myself crazy in my own head. what to do, what to do...will it always be like this?[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

I also drill my 9-year old daughter, asking who was absent and what
    they had. I feel so bad because my daughter is emet too and I am
    completely making her that way. I make her use hand sanitizer as soon
    as I pick her up in the car. On Friday, she told me one of her good
    friends was home...her cousin told my daughter she had the flu and I
    went into panic. My daughter had gotten a Jolly Rancher candy from the
    teacher for being "good". She had opened the candy and was trying to
    peel of the extra paper on it, and when I saw this I told her she
    couldn't eat the candy since she hadn't washed her hands. WTF am
    I thinking! That sent her into worry mode the rest of the night and she
    wouldn't eat dinner. Oh, after questioning her more, she said her
    friend, the day before, hand a really bad cold, so then I figured the
    flu probably meant cold and fever.

I have to STOP this insanity, especially where my daughter is
    concerned. The last thing I want is her to live with this fear her
    entire life.

Sue,

I do the same exact thing when I pick my 5 year old up from school. I have huge thing of hand sanitizer in the van and as soon as he gets in, we both have to use it. I wont even let my kids attend school parties because I am afraid that someone who may have made cookies or something has had sv*. I have to stop this with my kids too!!! It isnt fair to them. When they tell me someone in school has a sore throat or cold, I am actually relieved!

I know, it isn't fair to them. I just think back to when I was in
    school, I don't remember washing my hands at all, for anything. Yet, I
    don' remember getting sick very often at all. The last time I got the
    sv was in the 3rd grade. But, maybe its worse these days than it was
    when I was growing up?

Your school allows homemade treats? For parties, we are only allowed to bring store bought, unopened treats, which is great!

Wow! I wish my boys school would only allow store bought, prepackaged treats! Of course I know my boys arent washing their hands before eating anything and that scares me to death too! I had noewalk a couple ofyears ago and that night time still haunts me! My son had a sv* last Jan. 20th and that day is coming up and I am so scared! I hate this time of year so much. I am a totally different person in the summer!!!!!