Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panic!!!!

Ohh help!

I am having a massive panic right now!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I only had about 6 hours sleep last night and im used to 7 at night, now Im so so so so cold and n* right now, think I ate a little to many sweeties but now Ive started to get a bit dizzy as well, it isnt settling down and wont go away

Im so ******* scared!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hi violet - try to calm down. it sounds like the dizziness is caused by the increase in anxiety. you might be hyperventilating. try to take some long relaxation breaths. i know this sounds weird, but whenever i start to feel really bad, i'll clean my apartment. it really gets my mind off things when i know my anxiety is flaring up. you will be okay, but you need to find something to focus on other than your stomach. maybe try some little sips of water or tea too. i really hope you're feeling better soon!

Hey,

Thankx for youre reply, I am trying to take deep breaths at the moment, my mother keeps on at me, asking me whats wrong then says so what you going to do when you move youl never get a job and all this, it really isnt working!

I have a sort of lump in my throat, think it might be because im very upset and freaked out!

I would clean but im worried it will make me even more tired [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

omg I just gagged there when I was trying to burp, I wish I had never ate those sweeties (candy) I feel so n* and its making this panic so much worse[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Omg, all panic aside, I think that Im gona v*

my throat is tight at the top and feels really weird, I dont understand this

Ugh, I just want to run from myself

How are you doing? My throad gets really tight when I am suffering from anxiety. It really makes me feel like I am going to be sick, but I never am. Try to relax and tell yourself you will be okay. Also, I would find something to do even if you are tired. It will really make you feel better.

Hey,

Thankx for youre reply,

Ive put some music on and trying to listen to that and forget about whats going on but it isnt easy

I think I'll try write in my diary, although sometimes you dont want to remember these things huh

Thankx again!!

Awwww. I can totally relate....My throat & chest get really tight when I get worked up. And it doesn't help when you have someone around who doesn't understand what you're going through. You will be ok. Many times when I get really worked up, it causes me to swallow more air, I guess which makes me burp more. And I think the anxiety also causes my stomach to produce more acid. So, I've had times where I've burped and a little acid or something will come up. But, it doesn't mean you will v*. You will get through this....let us know how you're doing.

Hey Violet, hope you're doing okay. Try your best to distract yourself, music and writing is a good idea. Sometimes when I get everything down on paper, I feel strangely better. It doesn't sound like your mum is helping much, either! Don't listen to her negative comments and try to think positive.
    I'm Sarah. We are all stronger than we believe we are.

Thankx to you both! It really means alot to have youre reassurance.

I am still feeling very n* at the moment, I just feel like I cant move for feeling n*..

My mother just doesnt understand my emet what so ever, she always gets angered when Im having a panic attack, she shouts that I should be doing somehting, like eating or just go to bed and when I say i cant ive just to shut up and get on with it or I should have taken help when I was offered but I moved at that point and I couldnt take it, ugh just makes me so upset because we argue all the time when we are around each other! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

That is awful. My husband is definitely losing patience with me too. He told me last night that I am never allowed to mention the word "v*" around him ever again. He said he's really sick of hearing about it and he thinks it makes me worse to talk about it. I wish people would just understand that we do need reassurance. And that it does really help us.

I am not currently n*, but I keep gettinga very sharp pain in the middle of my stomach, that seems just to be getting worse. It is really freaking me out right now. I try to stay rational, but there's a big part of me that's wondering "Am I getting the sv*?" If only we could stop these thoughts... that's what kills me the most

Im so sorry youre husband is acting like that towards you, it really doesnt help does it?

that sharp pain could be trapped wind hun, I get that alot when I havent ate that much of something that gives me alot of wind, Im sure you will be fine, shap pains arent usually associated with sv*'s.

Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks, Violet. I can't really blame him because I know it's very hard for anyone to understand. But, I just wish he would be more sympathetic. I suppose it's hard to hear someone talking about v* all the time when they are a technically "healthy" person. Hmmmm. Maybemy pain right nowis trapped wind. I've been constipated for a few days now, I know....TMI...but, I'm also afraid that being constipated will cause me to v*. So, I have all these things running through my head. Sorry to talk about myself, but sometimes I find when I'm giving others advice, it helps me to thing logically about my own symptoms, so maybe this will help you too

Dont you say sorry its alright!

Constipation and the pains and not being able to go for a few days that will be what it is, I have been constipated for nearly 5 days before and I didnt v* you will be fine!

It takes about 2 weeks for that to happen, maybe try upping youre fuit and veg!

It is hard for them to understand, just wish my mother would stop telling me to move out and stop going on about it ect, just upsetting really!

Thanks, Violet. Yes, that is very upsetting. I sometimes think people think it's "tough love" and if they are mean about it, it will make us change. But instead I think it hurts more, making us feel more isolated and alone. I know for sure, it definitely cannot be helping. People just don't know how to react when they don't understand. And also, because we're not actually v*, just fearing it, they have much less sympathy. But, no one understands the emotional turmoil that goes on in our heads on a constant basis. Sometimes I wish I could just display everything going on in my brain on a screen, so my husband could really see andunderstandhow tormented I am by this fear. Feeling any better?

Still a bit off at the moment, and very tired now because of the huge panic, but calmed down a little..

I also wish I could get it all out for people to just read it and understand what it is that was go throuugh, especially in a painc, they just dont seem to understand our thoughts and actions, they just see it as irrational and silly when we are just being torn apart by this awful phobia [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

So true! Well, I'm glad you are calming down a bit. Now that the panic is over, hopefully the n* will start to subside a bit and you can start feeling better. It's always the first 1/2 hour or so after the n* hits that's the worst because we go into total panic mode, which makes us feel 10x worse. Continue to relax and I'll bearound if you start to panic again.

haiku25, thank you very much for youre help!

Im around if you need to talk as well. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yea, Im hoping the n* will go away soon, I still pretty cold ect, and I hate that this has happined, I was going to cook one of my fav meals tonight as well

Ugh, I'm sorry. That stinks. Hopefully the night gets better for you. Iknow how awful it can be, but I think you will make it through just fine. You're sounding better already!

*christine*

Now I'm starting to feel really n*. Getting chills and sporadic shooting pains across my stomach. Ugh. Why????? Sometimes it's really hard to believe this could just be nerves. But, how do I know the difference between really being sick and just an anxiety flare-up? Grrrrrr

Haiku25...that sounds like nerves -- I suggest taking a hot shower and doing some breathing exercises. Good luck!

Thank you. I'm at work for about another hour or so, but once I get home, maybe I'll feel better? I tend to get pretty nervous at work because I sit at a desk in an open office with about 300 people. So, whenever I start to feel sick, I get nervous that I'm gonna v* in front of everyone or not make it to the bathroom.

Hey haiku25, sorry I didnt see youre earlier post, missminty is right it does sound like panic, try relax, not to long till youre home.

I just had a plate of chips (fries) and Im feeling n* again, but I couldnt not eat as I was starting to get very weak and had a headache, I hope I dont end up ill

Awww....it's probably because you were nervous to eat because you were already feeling sick. I'm really hoping that both of us will be okay. I think we will...we just have to hang in there

i hope you are better now!

Hey, Thankx Katsamsmom,

Still feeling a bit off after eating, not the best idea, but dont know if its gas caused by the upset tummy earlier

ugh being an emet *****

Nobody should say sorry for having any phobia. If they don't understand, it's their problem. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Violet and haiku, hope you are feeling better! Violet, do you think the sweetie things triggered anxiety ( caffeine/sugar)? I get like that sometimes after I eat candies.
    -Bridgette