Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I can't eat then go to sleep, something that has bothered me for a long while..

I was wondering whether others do this?

Or do some manage to go to sleep after eating? <Lucky people lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I eat dinner late, like around 8:30 pm. By 9:30 I am falling asleep and ready to go to bed. I know, that is very bad for you and that is one of my New Year's resolutions...to eat earlier.

I used to be like that but it guess it was just one of those things that
    came and went. I would be so hungry sometimes before bed that I had
    to start eating crackers before I went to sleep becuase I got
    uncomfortable and now i dont' really care when I eat. I ate right before
    bed last night but I don't do it all that often...I don't see how it would do
    anything so long as you don't do it every night, although my dad does it
    almost every night. He hasn't gotten s* in like.....40 some years. Ah
    well, each to their own.
    ~viva~

I never ever eat before going to bed. No matter what my last meal is always at least 2 hours nefore going to bed.
    You only live once

My stomach has to be pretty much empty before I go to sleep. I can eat something light, like a biscuit, but nothing heavy. I usually eat around 6pm and sleep around midnight, I rarely eat anything in between. If I sleep after a meal I will wake up after an hour or so and feel terrible!

I rarely ever eat before sleeping. I have these little rules and one of them is not to eat anything at least 4 hours before going to bed. I won't even lay down (like on the couch watching TV) after I eat. I know it's irrational, but I feel like if I'm sitting/standing upright, it will make the food go down faster. My husband eats and lies down immediately. I don't know how he does it.

If I eat and then fall asleep, I get a stomach ache. I read once that when you sleep, your body slows digestion a lot, so that's why i guess. I'm always hungry when I go to bed at night, but on Christmas I ate big, and then took a nap, and woke up almost v* with food in my throat. Uggg, not good. So sleep and food are never hand in hand with me.

I tend to eat a few hours before I go to bed, because I work kind of second shift, and get home at like 10pm, and I am always hungry, so I eat, but then go to bed like 2am or so.

I don't eat a meal and then go to sleep, but I have been known to grab a few chocolates or other candy on my way to bed.

For me...if I have a nap(which I rarely do) I can't eat as soon as I wake up. I get n* if I do.
    Be Here Now

I used to do that a lot... all the time, I could just sit there and let's say, munch on poptarts, then just lay down and sleep. But the last time I got sick (v*), I had eaten something, then went straight to bed. Woke up a few hours later and got sick... so never doing that again.

<center>
    </center>